Savage BMAG Stocks at Boyds

geradfox14 my saftey is stock on off postion .I can't get it to slide to on. I slid it forward to off, but it won't go back.

Im sure I can get it to work if I know what to do. I guess the key to this b-mag debacle. Is to know which gun Boyds used to make thier stock for.

The early release or the 2nd released gun. My barrel is rubbing on the left side of the boyds stock. It looks like if I relieve the right inner side of the stock where the barrel threads into the receiver I should be ok.

Man this gun is just one problem after another. I sure hope it shoots ok, otherwise I did all this for nothing.

Last edited:
My mag wasn't fitting either. I sanded a lot off the two flat pieces on the inside and that made it fit ok. Also my barrel was touching just like the original stock. I sanded it a little and it fit fine. I was able to run a piece of paper under it all the way up. I was worried the sanding would show but it was ok. A little frustrating I had to do so much to get it to fit in the Boyd's stock but I really like the look and feel.

geradfox14 my saftey is stock on off postion .I can't get it to slide to on. I slid it forward to off, but it won't go back.

Im sure I can get it to work if I know what to do. I guess the key to this b-mag debacle. Is to know which gun Boyds used to make thier stock for.

The early release or the 2nd released gun. My barrel is rubbing on the left side of the boyds stock. It looks like if I relieve the right inner side of the stock where the barrel threads into the receiver I should be ok.

Man this gun is just one problem after another. I sure hope it shoots ok, otherwise I did all this for nothing.

Hammer11

II have two options you either file down the little red BB or you take a very small screwdriver, like one that is use for fixing eye glasses, and pry the red BB out and then drill out the hole slightly deeper so the BB is flush with the stock. Be careful if try the prying option cause the BB has a tendency to pop and that little ball can be hard to spot on the floor. Basically your safety cannot be pulled back cause the BB is stopping it

I understand what your saying geradfox14, but my safety isn't close to the red ball. heres a pic , thats it . it doesn't move.

hdpauls, could you put some pics up of how your stock looks now as a reference for me. I don't know how far the barrel should go inside the stock.

I don't think my trigger is down far enough either. that could fix my safety issue, not sure. heres a pic of the trigger.

Oddly enough, my magazine goes in fine. hope I didn't just jix it.

Attachments

• guns2.jpg
    guns2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 140
  • guns3 001.jpg
    guns3 001.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 140
Here is some pics from my gun. I actually dont have the stock anymore. Sent it back for the second time to boyds and waiting for them to get all the bugs worked out. The first pic is where my safety sits after installation. The second pic is me trying to pull the safety back as you can see from this pic it hits the red ball. The third pic is a side view of where my safety stis after installation. The fourth pick is my lifting the safety with a screw driver as im pulling back which allows the safety to pull back. the fifth pic is what is looks like when the safety is engaged. the sixth pic is the best i have of the trigger i dont think my is as high as yours.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 179
  • image (1).jpg
    image (1).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 161
  • image (2).jpg
    image (2).jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 153
  • image (3).jpg
    image (3).jpg
    107 KB · Views: 153
  • image (4).jpg
    image (4).jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 145
  • image (5).jpg
    image (5).jpg
    151 KB · Views: 154
yep geradfox14 I believe your action sits lower than mine. as far as the rest goes, it looks the same.

your on your 2nd stock !!! boyds is taking a page out of savages book.

I've been sanding for 2 days. last night only about an hour, but tonight for about 3 hours. sand a little, put it together etc......

something's off with the mounting holes. theyre off to the left just a pinch, causing the barrel to rub bad on the left side. or possibly the mill work is off on the left side too.

I also think that little cut at the back where the safety fits, might need to be a little wider, and the red ball deeper.

Im getting close, with the mounting screws. loose a dollar will slide down. I ripped two dollars with them tight.

Im done for the night though.

Oh, I tried the screw driver on the safety. it wasn't easy, but it slid back.

ok Im officially done with this boyds stock. I've sanded for 3 days. I can now get a dollar to slide under the barrel up to the action, but the gap on the right side got wider. the trigger doesn't come down far enough for me to get my finger on the trigger comfortably and the distance from the thumbhole is too far. my finger barely reaches, plus the part of the stock from the thumbhole to trigger on the outside doesn't feel ergonomic for my hand. I did everything I could to make it fit, but I thought why should I have to go through all this. I guess I'll try a different style maybe the tactical next.

called boyds to complain and to get a ra number to return the poor excuse of a stock. they admitted to me on the phone that the stock went out with defects, very unprofessional . If there was another company making stocks for the bmag I'd buy from them instead.

Guess I should have checked the old interweb first. Just got a boyds thumb hole and the barrel is also rubbing on the left side and the mag won't stay clipped in. Also uneven gaps along both sides of the receiver. Boyds is getting a call tomorrow, you would think they'd hold off selling these stocks till they get the kinks worked out. I'm about done with this gun

ok after a month of games with boyds, I changed my stock to a tacticool. Man what an improvement.after some fussing to get the barrel mounted a dollar slips down to the acion awesome stock. Now my problem is the magazine keeps popping out.

Can someone please give me a tip to solve this. Boy this gun better be fun !!!!!!!!! thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.