Blueprinting a Remingotn Action Video by MCR

Kevin Cram

With several discussions over the years on blueprinting a Remington action I would often reply with a text of how it should be done for a properly blueprinted action. This past summer I had recorded on video my set up and machining of a Remington action and bolt and I finally sat down yesterday and put a few videos together. The video is in 2 parts each about 12 minutes long. The video shows the tools and fixtures I use and shows how I dial a Remington action in true before single point re-machining the receiver face, internal locking lugs and threads. I then switch over to my bolt fixture and show how it's locking lugs and bolt face are machined true. Hope you all enjoy!!

KevinJCram

http://www.youtube.com/user/KevinJCram?feature=mhum#p/a/u/1/pGn9qWJIM9M

http://www.youtube.com/user/KevinJCram?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/UmMSeBAGV0M

KevinJCram

KevinJCram

KevinJCram

Last edited:
Kevin,

I don't need anything done just now. But, I looked at your web site and your prices are very reasonable. From the videos, it looks like you do great work.

Thanks!
Richard

Thanks Rich,

I try to set my prices so they're fair, I was once a customer too and know how expensive things can get. I build every gun as if it were my own and try to do as good a job as I can. I put together 201 rifles in 2010 in one shape or form and didn't get one back that the customer wasn't happy with. I'll probably never get rich building rifles but I enjoy the hell out of it and enjoy seeing someone else get a custom rifle they've always wanted.

Thanks Kevin! Outstanding video! Even though I'm not a machinist, I've always believed that understanding how and why something works, helps me to be a better shooter. Also, thanks for the 788 bedding advice. I bought some 1/2' aluminum round stock, I've taken all the measurements, and I'm getting ready to do it to it....Rich

Thanks Kevin! Outstanding video! Even though I'm not a machinist, I've always believed that understanding how and why something works, helps me to be a better shooter. Also, thanks for the 788 bedding advice. I bought some 1/2' aluminum round stock and am getting ready to do it to it....Rich

thanks for the info. thanks for the time and effort in making these video's. these answered a lot of questions for me. keep up the good work. p.s. i hope i spelled everything correctly, this old jar heads spelling is not the best. Bear.

Kevin, I really found your video informative. I now have a better understanding of the procedure. Thanks for taking your time to create it. I would encourage anyone with a need for smithing work to give Kevin a chance. He is great to work with. I am working on an old Savage he gave a new Brux barrel and blueprinted the action. I get a good feeling its is going to be a shooter.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.