Blue thread loctite on scope rings or not

For me I have found that cleaning all the oil off of screws and out of the taped holes with some alcohol and swabs helps the screws to mechanically hold like they were designed to when torqued to specs with the correct driver and tip .

If you do use loctite, put it on the screw threads and let it dry overnight. Then screw them it. It still keeps them from loosening but doesn't "set up" like it does when wet.

As ButterBean said, put a little heat via soldering iron on it before removing and I have never had an issue using this method.

The folks that mounted my scope used blue loctite for the base mounts, but not for the scope rings. Seems the screws on the rear ring are loosening up after just a few shots now (464 rounds through barrel). Was curious to know if you all use blue loctite on your scope ring screws or not? What are the drawbacks of doing so? Appreciate any insights you may have....
I've always used it on pretty much everything but small screws on scope rings it doesn't take very much at all

Ive devconed rails down.But zero on rings.Had no problem on braked 7# 338 NM,or my 8# 340 wby.Just pulled one scope and moved to my 6.5 prc.I alway check torque each spring before bear hunting and before fall huntings,scope to rail,rings,stock screws.Fresh lazer battery

As insurance, I started using 3m spray adhesive to my rings. (Not screws).
I spray a little puddle on the work bench, then take a Qtip and wet it, and put one little dab in the base ring, then mount scope accordingly.
I'm always eager to learn. Is there a valid argument against doing this?

I recently went out for some shooting and found to my displeasure that all 6 screws holding the picatinny base to the action were loose. This wasn't my rifle but I would probably throw some loc-tite on these myself. The MDT scope rings I use say they don't need loc-tite if torqued down correctly. Given that I wouldn't likely damage the rail from high torque I'm comfortable with that but I definitely don't want to damage the scope.

I recently went out for some shooting and found to my displeasure that all 6 screws holding the picatinny base to the action were loose. This wasn't my rifle but I would probably throw some loc-tite on these myself. The MDT scope rings I use say they don't need loc-tite if torqued down correctly. Given that I wouldn't likely damage the rail from high torque I'm comfortable with that but I definitely don't want to damage the scope.
I generally use blue loctite, before that clear nail polish. Before sighting in for an Alaska trip I loctited my rings/ base and asked my buddy if he wanted to do his rifle too. He declined, long story short he almost lost his caribou due to loose screws losing his zero.