scope mount/rings

BYF

I was at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg PA yesterday and picked up a 6-20X50 Vortex Viper to put on my Weatherby Vanguard S2 30.06. The only mounts they had at the show fit a picatini rail. I stopped at Bass Pro on the way home and they had only 1" rings. It looks like I'll be ordering them online. My question is how high? I would like the Talley. Does anyone have a 50mm scope on a Vanguard S2? I have read that the Talley rings are shorter than others. I want as short as I can get away with but I really don't want to purchase med and high and send one back. Please help, Thank You

I was at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg PA yesterday and picked up a 6-20X50 Vortex Viper to put on my Weatherby Vanguard S2 30.06. The only mounts they had at the show fit a picatini rail. I stopped at Bass Pro on the way home and they had only 1" rings. It looks like I'll be ordering them online. My question is how high? I would like the Talley. Does anyone have a 50mm scope on a Vanguard S2? I have read that the Talley rings are shorter than others. I want as short as I can get away with but I really don't want to purchase med and high and send one back. Please help, Thank You

Simply contact them to make sure >>> Talley Manufacturing, Inc.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.