Need advice on Scope, Mount & Rings

BullBarrel

Hi, I'm just starting out with distance target shooting. I have a Savage 10FP on order but I'm not sure which make of Base, Rings and Scope to get. I keep reading that quality counts when it comes to the Scope, Mount and Rings. I'm not looking to spend a fortune so something that is middle of the road price wise is what I am looking for. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

My two cents would be look into the vortex viper pst line If you want a mill or moa scope. I purchased one for my 300 win mag, so far I really like it and seems to be fine for me. It didn't break my budget and seems to have great reviews.

The viper is a very good scope at a great price. I like Seekins rings and bases. Great features, great quality, good prices.

Hi, I'm just starting out with distance target shooting. I have a Savage 10FP on order but I'm not sure which make of Base, Rings and Scope to get. I keep reading that quality counts when it comes to the Scope, Mount and Rings. I'm not looking to spend a fortune so something that is middle of the road price wise is what I am looking for. Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Welcome to LRH and enjoy!

If you put a dollar amount on your budget (i.e. under a $1,000), you'll get better suggestions for your consideration.

Good luck!

Burris XTR Rings, EGW base 20MOA, Weaver Tactical 5-20, Viper PST, Falcon Menace, Bushnell 6-24 4200 Elite Tactical, Nikon Monarch, Millet LRS.... depends on what you are looking for. Any of the above optics will serve you well.

+1 to what liltank said,

I would add Burris Signature Zee Rings in weaver style, and an EGW Weaver style base.

For scope you might also look at the super sniper 3x9, it is a pretty solid scope for the money. Lots of good suggestions on scopes so far.

Gary

Here are my three suggestions.
First, lowest cost, Bushy 3200 10x mil-dot. Discontinued, but you can find used for about $150. Good reviews. Works. I have one on the way.
Second, Buckmaster 4.5-14 mil-dot. Used for about $225. I have two. work great, I crank the crap out of the turrets, and it works. Good optics at low cost.
Third, Viper. Hard to beat. $400 to $900 depending on model. Great optics, even better customer service. Great reviews. A PST FFP will be my next scope.
Try to get your hands on them all and decide for yourself. Something will trip your trigger.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.