Blooded the 40X this past Saturday

Ernie

SPONSOR
I have been out a few mornings this week hunting Mule Deer. Yep, I feel good enough to be out hunting-It is about time!
It is not hard hunting, but at least I am out some. Passed up on several bucks many would shoot, but I am looking for a mature buck. I am letting the little and mid-sized live to breed and get bigger.
I have had my Rem 40X, chambered in 308 Win with me to hunt. Mueller APT 4.5-14 scope, Weaver Tactical Rings, Hornady brass, Varget and the 168 grain A-Max.
I have a guy who has been bugging me to sell it to him, so I probably will, if he gets permission from the boss.
This morning as I was working my way toward the road to head home, I saw a coyote. I was already going very slow on the two track, so I got my hearing protection in, and lasered him from the Tahoe. Wind was down at the time and almost a complete tail wind. The 168 grain A-Max did its job @ 466 yards.
Talk about a "meat report!"

It's good you're up and around. As we get older recovery seems to take longer and I'm way older than you.:) (Thus my updated signature)

Nice rig.

Oh, and those dogs make pretty fair gumbo. Haven't tried it . . . yet. . . but I've heard good things. :D

Ernie, how do you work with your scope, Mueller APT 4.5-14 scope as I understand
has gotten mildot reticle and moa turrets. Do you just use the turres to zero it in
and after that just work using the mildot reticle? Just curious.

I just dial the MOA and basically forget the reticle is there.
It is my economy LR variable scope-Under $200.
Ernie, how do you work with your scope, Mueller APT 4.5-14 scope as I understand
has gotten mildot reticle and moa turrets. Do you just use the turres to zero it in
and after that just work using the mildot reticle? Just curious.

There are some times where a rifle is useful, especially doing reviews for some different companies.
SP's are still my first love when it comes to hunting, competing and shooting.
Some disciplines will not allow the use of a SP - Like F-Class:D
The guy backed out on the 40X due to a job change this week-Oh well...
I will still move it at some point for a LH long action.

My initial thought exactly, however I believe Ernie is playing a little trick on us, this is his twin brother Dave. Ernie does not own any rifles, to the best of my knowledge.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts