Blast from the past

Mr Bam,
I saw the other past blast and the very nice buck.
I hate inform you sir, but IMO, your not just the trigger monkey you say, but and very quality, experienced hunter.

I'd love to see a pic here of the 7 mag.
Heck, I'd Probly even be willing to pay you what the rancher paid you for it.

But no gift backs!
Lol

That's the other part I did not mention. While I was absent from hunting on his place for 6 years from 1998 through 2004, he had the 7RM converted to 7 STW, the same barrel that never shot like it did before.

When he handed the 7RM it was actually a 7 STW. It lost all the history behind the rifle. I have since re-barreled it 300WM. Still have the 7 STW barrel and set of die. Since you inquired, I'll be glad to give you the die set, as it is just collecting dust. Give me your address

The action bedded in a different stock and with a fluted 300WM barrel still shoots. I showed a picture of the steel target on a thread that was closed. It was a confirmation shot with the 280AI amd 175EH. The head marks were put there by the 300WM from the original 7RM. 1000 yards.

Screenshot_20220702-215807_Messages.jpg

That is a "blast from the past" . Even before I met you. Good
Forgot the year it was in the late 90s in Webb County, TX. Just at day break, dead calm, slight mirage from the right. 475 yards. The Coyote stood in the middle of the Sendero looking straight down at us. The ranch owner and I were hunting on the cross fence corner off the ranch truck cab on on overwatch over a known game trail crossing on the Sendero, bipod on the roof.

Had my 7RM at that outing, and a Baush and Lomb 6x24. On his property I always had 400 yard zero on both 7RM and 300WM, we shoot over long Senderos.

The Coyote just would not move to give me a profile shot. Told the owner I will take the shot before we spook it as he was trying to figure what it was seeing at the end of the Sendero, dialed up and 2 clicks left and POA between the eyes. Shot went slightly high, clipped the head between the ears.

After the shot the owner said, "I am buying your rifle". What am I to say? I hunt for free on section for free. Sold it to him for what I had on the rig on the spot

Drove out to see the Coyote and threw it in the thorny brush. Decided to take the picture as we were leaving the property. At age 70 this year, I am about 45 pounds heavier from when the picture was taken.

Fast forward to when he sold the place he gave me back the rifle... for free as he had no need for it and he does not need the money. In the gun case was this picture Happy ending for the rifle.

View attachment 377571

FYI, I am not a hunter, just a trigger monkey
Thank you for the Great story and Most of all Thank You for your service on this Veterans Day.

Recent Posts