Bino Recommendation

Justa Notha 512

Since I'm new here... I wanted to give the forums a spin and get some input based on real-life experience, not some paid promotional pushers on the web. I'm looking for binos for a backpacking muley hunt later this year. I've been looking at the Tract Toric 10x42s and Leupold BX5 Santiam 10x42s. Thoughts? Can I go wrong with either? Are there others I should be considering? My preferential budget is under $1K.

Thank you!

Since I'm new here... I wanted to give the forums a spin and get some input based on real-life experience, not some paid promotional pushers on the web. I'm looking for binos for a backpacking muley hunt later this year. I've been looking at the Tract Toric 10x42s and Leupold BX5 Santiam 10x42s. Thoughts? Can I go wrong with either? Are there others I should be considering? My preferential budget is under $1K.

Thank you!
Use the advanced search and you will find all kinds of information on binoculars from pocket to looking at the moon.

I've always used a pair of Zeiss 10x42's but recently got a $200 budget Nikon Prostaff 7S that look just as good to me. I have never used a $200 pair of glasses that looked anywhere as nice as the 7S.....and I'm no Nikon fan, at all.

Maybe I just have a lousy pair of Zeiss bino's.....I don't know.

Tony
It is not just clarity for the first 30 minutes of looking through them if you use them a lot. It is eye fatigue.

I glass 6-10+ hours a day depending on the hunt/scouting. Hundreds of hours a year behind glass. No way are you looking through a $200 bino for 6-10 hours a day without splitting your skull open. With good glass, you can.