Youth Scope Recommendation????

I've heard good things here about swfa scopes. They have some in about your price range. It's great your son is involved.
I have also herd nothing but great things about SWFA scopes but they only offer FFP and since his rifle is primarily hunting I rather a SFP.

Yep I'm glad he took a liking to shooting. I told him when he can shoot under MOA at 200 yards we will work on getting further distance and learn to dial and read for wind. He's 15 so not too bad of a late start

Suck it up and buy a good scope. It will be passed from gun to gun as they grow up. My 16 year old daughter's hunting rifle wears a Kahles K624i, and she has been hunting since she was 11.

So I want to get my son started on learning how to adjust parallax, dial and hold offs.
He is shooting a 25-06 with a 4x12 Vortex(hunting rifle).
what would you recommend for a youth boy?

I would like to keep the price under $500
Another vote for the vortex hs-t.

Last edited:
Suck it up and buy a good scope. It will be passed from gun to gun as they grow up. My 16 year old daughter's hunting rifle wears a Kahles K624i, and she has been hunting since she was 11.
Also thanks Lance for making me up the budget a little bit. I'm sure he would of loved a MARCH like mine but he is gonna have to earn that by shooting lol. Your daughter is just spoiled, feel sorry for the guy she marries lol

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.