biggest 30 caliber possible??

My bet is that they will be producing this rifle in a long action within the year and that the first calibers available will be 300wm and 7mm Rem.

If they do Ruger will quickly become a big player in the market providing the rifles perform as advertised.

Heck, I might even buy one in 300wm just for the fun of it.

I think it would be the perfect opportunity to release the .375 ruger cartridge necked down to .338,.300, and 7mm.

But they better hurry up and take my money before my wife does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shooting a 300AX here 30-338 Lapua improved. Bout as big as you can go granted there's the 300 raptor/Excalibur but good luck on brass for those. I think Kirby tried to make a 300AM using the cheytac case but the case capacity was way to much in relation to bore size and was a sever lack in really heavy bullets for it. My 300AX with a mild load is doing 3340 with a 200gr bullet out of a 26" barrel. Gun is 13lbs with out the bipod. Recoil is greater than my 243 but less than my stock 270win m700 sps. Kirby's muzzle brake really helps with that!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.