Big jump

I never knew SAAMI 300 wsm had zero freebore. I guess becuase they were cramming it into the shortest coal SA rifles. I would never want a gun setup where I was stuck with so much bullet crammed in the case. Then again what is the % of people that reload to those buying rifles and shooting factory loaded ammo? They never realize how much power is left untapped becuase of short coal specs.

I never knew SAAMI 300 wsm had zero freebore. I guess becuase they were cramming it into the shortest coal SA rifles. I would never want a gun setup where I was stuck with so much bullet crammed in the case. Then again what is the % of people that reload to those buying rifles and shooting factory loaded ammo? They never realize how much power is left untapped becuase of short coal specs.

If you define freebore the way it was defined in this discussion, there are a lot of cartridges that don't have any. Some I can remember are 243 Winchester, 270 Winchester, 300 Win Mag, 338 Win Mag, 358 Winchester, 250 Savage, 257 Roberts, and 30-06 Springfield. I'm sure there are others too.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.