Biathlon rifles

VanJansenburgh

He all, I have been a long time fan of the biathlon and recently my two young daughters have showed much enthusiasm for the sport, after we did our own backyard biathlon race with a pellet gun. It inspired me to start looking for a rifle to train with, as the target shooting is the most difficult skill to master I believe.
I have been searching around for a used Biathlon style rifle and it seems like the best deal is to just a buy a new Larsen recruit rifle, which is a Izhmash 7-3, set up by larsen for a about 1200. I have read about people outfitting savage MK2's with new stock and slings and such but the total price always appears to be pretty close to the cost of the Larsen recruit without the straight pull action and quality sights or accuracy, of the 7-3.
Does anyone out there Know something I don't or have a Biathlon type rifle for sale?

I would go with the Larsen or restock a CZ. If you can afford it Anschutz. Even a used one will be uncommon and expensive. I have shot one at a training camp. Very impressive.

Buy the Larsen,it won't be very accurate below 10F ,but who wants to be out there colder than that(except Pros)
I have an old Anschutz bolt action biathlon and should sell it ,but won't!

He all, I have been a long time fan of the biathlon and recently my two young daughters have showed much enthusiasm for the sport, after we did our own backyard biathlon race with a pellet gun. It inspired me to start looking for a rifle to train with, as the target shooting is the most difficult skill to master I believe.
I have been searching around for a used Biathlon style rifle and it seems like the best deal is to just a buy a new Larsen recruit rifle, which is a Izhmash 7-3, set up by larsen for a about 1200. I have read about people outfitting savage MK2's with new stock and slings and such but the total price always appears to be pretty close to the cost of the Larsen recruit without the straight pull action and quality sights or accuracy, of the 7-3.
Does anyone out there Know something I don't or have a Biathlon type rifle for sale?
I have shot a real Biathlon rifle at an Olympic training camp. Awesome. I would go with the Larsen if I had those two choices. Or save up and buy a real one.