Best scope under $600

Leupold. Great scopes, great service if there is a problem. for under 500yds, consider a fixed power scope, great glass, tough. Lifetime warranty and they come back in a hurry with repaired or replaced.

22 250 and mainly plinking steel and paper with occasional varmit
I'd say something with really good glass and capped turrets might be a good option for you. A simple ranging reticle or even a duplex will be fine if you have a range finder. Going cheap is a reality they we have to do sometimes. But most of the scopes I've bought with a good ranging reticle and nice glass I've kept, which in the long run is cheaper.

I just recently purchased a browning X-bolt white gold medallion in maple with octagon barrel and am looking for a scope. I live on the east coast so 500 yards max. Mainly got it for plinking with occasional varmit. I've been looking at nikon monarch, zeiss conquest v4 and meopta meopro.. Any others you like or really any help is good help.. only think I need is price under $600
I've had great luck with zeiss and bushnell scopes ! You might consider a good used scope on Ebay or Google used scopes

Looking at probably a Nikon monarch 3 or 5 so far cause cant actually get my hands on a meopro
Nothing wrong with the Monarch 3s. Nikons are rarely mentioned on LRH for some reason. I have them on 2 rifles. 7RM has a Monarc 3 5-20 and I can shoot .5 MOA 5 shot groups at 500 yards. The BDC hold overs work. Last weekend sighted in at 200 yards with Magneto attached, one 5 shot group. Moved to 600 yards. Looked at Nikon app on phone, used BDC for holdover and guessed 6" for wind. Next 5 shots hit steel in a < 4" group. (168 bergers).

Man I don't think I've seen anyone say Burris I've been very pleased with there new line of optics. To me the glass is every bit or clearer then Leapold. At 1/2 the price in some cases
( well through my eyes anyway.. I get a much more forgiving ocular viewing area, then with my Leapolds.. This is only my honest opinion and experience)
Look there are times when I need a 2000$ scope, like on my bench rest rig.. Then there are times I just need the best Im willing to spend on true tool.. A work horse..
I would think with the octagonal barrel you may want to look at the old style weaver or. Malcom scope.. That would look cool as hell.. There is a really good brand I forget who it is.. Bu a old weaver or Malcom could be had with mounts for 500$ I believe..

I just recently purchased a browning X-bolt white gold medallion in maple with octagon barrel and am looking for a scope. I live on the east coast so 500 yards max. Mainly got it for plinking with occasional varmit. I've been looking at nikon monarch, zeiss conquest v4 and meopta meopro.. Any others you like or really any help is good help.. only think I need is price under $600

Hands down choice!
https://www.hollandguns.com/31m7/rifle-scopes/holland-s-game-getter.html

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.