Best Hunting bullet for mid range distance - 7mm SAUM

175 Eldx is working well for me. It's running 2920 out of my 280AI. I am very happy with them so far. Just started using them this year. Killed a big cow elk at 475. Shot her just behind the shoulder. Excellent bullet performance, full pass. She made it about 20 yards. Small cow elk at 100 yards. Shot in the shoulder, dropped in its tracks. Whitetail deer 200 yards just behind the shoulder. Full pass, INCREDIBLE damage, he made it about 50 yards, spraying blood everywhere. 175ELDX from a 28 Nosler, running 3050. One cow elk shot in her shoulder at 475 yards dropped in her tracks, did not full pass. One whitetail bucks at 150 yards, shoulder shot, dropped in tracks. Small exit wound.

I've had good results with accubonds in my 6.5 PRC. I can't speak to powders in 7mm, but they have solid BCs for mid range use and if something jumps up in front of you at 50 yards you know the bullet will hold together on impact.

Also wondering what is "mid range"?
Getting good groups with the Barnes 140gr TTSX at 100 yds but havn't tried them out past that, or used them on game animals. Trying to decide on getting some Hammers to try (which ones??), would they be an advantage over the Barnes?
7 Rem mag

Short range, mid or far I would use the same bullet. If you can get the 162 EDLX to shoot I would start there.

We killed a mule deer at 300yds and a cow elk at 259yds with the 175 Elites. Both quartering away shots, pass thru on the mule deer, bullet stop on offside on the elk. Mule deer dropped in its track, elk walked 10 yds the fell over dead. I'm a big fan they are good close and far

I'm helping a buddy build a mid-range all around mountain rifle in 7mm SAUM. Trying to get some real world feedback on bullet performance on mule deer, elk, sheep, antelope, bear etc.

I know we can get the bergers to shoot well, but not sure on their performance on big game - looking at the 168 vld's or 175 elites.

Also considering the 162gr hornady ELDX, 175gr ELDX and 160gr Nosler Accubonds.

Planning to run them in the normal velocity range of 2,750-2,950 fps, depending on the bullet, powder, etc.

Any feedback on these bullets and their performance on big game would be really helpful!

I'm helping a buddy build a mid-range all around mountain rifle in 7mm SAUM. Trying to get some real world feedback on bullet performance on mule deer, elk, sheep, antelope, bear etc.

I know we can get the bergers to shoot well, but not sure on their performance on big game - looking at the 168 vld's or 175 elites.

Planning to run them in the normal velocity range of 2,750-2,950 fps, depending on the bullet, powder, etc.

Any feedback on these bullets and their performance on big game would be really helpful!

168 gr vld out of a Browning A-bolt stalker in 7mm Rem Mag. 207 yrds, exit wound. Dead where he was standing.

Midrange I'd shoot 175 elite Bergers 175 ELDx or 180eldm.
In

Can't get the photo to load.

175 elites for the win. 175 accubonds too