best bullet for 300 rum

rangerxp

Just wondering what you guys though on this subject. My plan right now is to shoot at 500 yrds and eventually up to 750(the longest flat stretch on my land). I will also be hunting with this projectile next season. I hear about the SMK's, but the 220 gr. bullet probably won't stabilize in my 1 in 10 factory barrel will it? What do you guys think? Thanks in advance and thanks to all of those who have helped me so far, as I am learning quickly from this site.

I shoot the berger 210gr bullet and my gun is a factory barrell and its 1-10 twist.

...consider the 200g Accubond.

And, some guys are getting the 240 SMK to stabilize in a 1-10 at RUM velocities, I believe. Hopefully, someone else will chime in on that...

the 220 smk will stabilize with the 10 twist.i agree with any of the 210's, sierra makes one also. the 200 accubond might be my pick,works very nice with the RUM case.

I am shooting the 240 smk and having great luck with them in a 1-10 twist. They are running about 3030 fps with about 8 fps differnce. I have killed 4 deer with them this year over 500 yard with no problem. I have shot 210 bergers but the 240 give you a little more range.

jdg300rum, If you don't mind, what's your load/rifle/barrel length combination? I've been thinking about putting a few 240's down mine...

[ QUOTE ]
jdg300rum, If you don't mind, what's your load/rifle/barrel length combination? I've been thinking about putting a few 240's down mine...

[/ QUOTE ] I am shooting retumbo 92 grains/ 30 inch krieger barrel mtu contour/remington 700 action. The load is hot I will tell you that I loose brass after 3 firing but it shoots tighter hot. I am averaging around 2.625 of inch groups at 600 yards. I have tried 91grains it saves the brass but shoot about 3.25 inches and the shots are velitcal. hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts