Best 300 RUM Brass??

I have 3 rifles I use 300 rum brass for I mainly use remington brass but have recently worked up a batch of 338 edge bertram brass for a 7mm ultra ai and a 338 edge. but i have a pile of remmy brass and it does good with some work.

My remington deal fell through, cant find any anywhere in Canada, but i did get 100 Norma brass. Never used it before, hopefully its good. **** near the price of Laua brass, which I woulda bought if I could have found some.

I've had good luck with Norma at reasonable pressures. My load is somewhat mild but plenty capable, 212 ELD-X at 3100 fps with 87 grains of H1000. Norma has less capacity than Remington, so don't be expecting to transfer your Rem brass loads straight over to Norma brass or you'll be disappointed. Norma loads in the ultras commonly require ~ 2 grains less powder than Rem brass to reach comparable velocity.

I have used it 300 win mag and 338 rum better than hornady or federal but it is not lapua quality expect 3-5 reloads moderate pressure push to hard and it wont hold up. last time I talked to them they said they were making a new run.

That's depressing I hoped they could bridge the gap lapua didn't cover.

So these ADG guys were just at the shotshow telling everyone that they loaded 300 RUM brass 32 times before the brass gave up......
The local gunshop here is going to bring some in, the price point is a little more than 1/2 of Lapua or Norma brass. It's pretty interesting to see how it actually stands up. I dont think the guy said how heavy of a load it was that they loaded up that many times. But either way, sounds impressive.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.