300 rum brass what do you like best

bsnyder

What brand of 300 rum brass do you like best. I've used Hornady not a fan, remington and nosler both held up well in my last barrel. Built the wife a her own 300 rum and wondering if I should start with fresh brass. What are your thoughts. Is adg worth it for the rum?

What brand of 300 rum brass do you like best. I've used Hornady not a fan, remington and nosler both held up well in my last barrel. Built the wife a her own 300 rum and wondering if I should start with fresh brass. What are your thoughts. Is adg worth it for the rum?
Adg is on the same level as Lapua
Definitely worth it

When I had my Edge, all I loaded was Remington brass, it necked up well and with regular annealing it lasted for 5 sizings per batch, then it was relegated to the next rotation for another 5 sizings.
Never had one fail and the guy that bought my rifle is still using it today.

Cheers.

I loved the rem brass but the primer pockets got loose before 4th loading on half of them. Went to norma and problem solved. Adg has been great for the prc so if they have it for rum I would have that as option. In long run premium brass is worth it for magnums.

I have had to back my load off with norma vs remington rum brass. Full grain less but same velocity. Also had to back off the adg prc brass vs hornady. FYI heads up.

A few years ago I bought some brass from Shawn Carlock with the stamping 338 Edge on the casing they were really expensive at least for me $3.00 a piece. Anyways when Rum brass was scarce during The anointed ones tenure I started using they edge brass for my 300. I have to admit it was the best brass I have ever used and lasted a lot longer than anything else that was available at the time.

Dean

I think he was using bertram
A few years ago I bought some brass from Shawn Carlock with the stamping 338 Edge on the casing they were really expensive at least for me $3.00 a piece. Anyways when Rum brass was scarce during The anointed ones tenure I started using they edge brass for my 300. I have to admit it was the best brass I have ever used and lasted a lot longer than anything else that was available at the time.

Dean

I have adg for my 6.5 Sherman short and like it. I'd like to get my hands on some edge brass just so I don't mix em up between the wife's rum and my edge that's coming. I'll go hunt down some adg brass

I have a bunch of 300 RUM brass if you are looking to buy. Nosler and Remington.
I would have to look and see exactly what I have when I get home tonight.

I've used ADG, Nosler, Rem & Bertram.
I listed them in the order of my preference.
With the ADG I don't have to form it to .338 so that's a plus.
It's very consistent in OAL and base to datum line.
The only negative I've found with ADG is the necks are a little thinner than Nosler and all I've seen seem to have a thick side.
I recommend turning them.
Hope this helps.