Best binoculars under $1000

bookworm

If you had $999 to spend on a new set of hunting/carry binoculars, what would you get?

Application is western long range deer/elk hunting and I carry everything on my back.

I'm currently using Nikon Monarch's and have made it around to thinking about upgrading.

i have almost the same post, posted for a week and only had a few suggestion. i have a pair of 10 X 42 pentex that i used for years out west, very good binoculars but when i up graded my scopes to high quality they fell short after 500 yards. So my suggestion is you need a set of binoculars that will at least perform to the scope and shooting ability of your rifle. Now i think i am facing 1500.00 plus for a set of binoculars to match my scope. you need to be able to see it or find it first before you can decide to shoot it. just my two cents.

Save another $ 999.oo and then buy 10/42 swarovski,s.If you buy the best you will only need to buy once and they will last a lifetime.

Buy some Vortex Razors and don't look back. Just as good as Swaros and they have a lifetime unconditional warranty.

Mine are the envy of all my buddies who spent twice as much on euro optics.

buy a pair of Zen Ray ED3 10X43 and you will have a pair as good as vortex razors, 95% of Swarovski for 450.00...........Amazing binos, as good as it gets for anything 1500.00 dollars and under.

I bought a pair of swarovski 10x 42 slc's for $850.00 but they were used the guy i bought them from wanted the lieca bino range finder combo they were taken vary good care of and seem as good as new. I was lucky to beat another guy to them for that price
my buddy has a pair of kowa he paid around $550.00 I was vary impressed with them for the price he paid

Matter of fact on the classified here in long range hunting there is a pair of 8x42 slc for sale for $900.00 if you hurry

I researched this thoroughly last year. I had to narrow my search to those optics that had an interpupilary distance of 74mm or greater because of my wide set eyes. There may be more options available to you if you do not have this requirement.

I went with the Vortex Razors. I was able to pick up one of the last 2010 close-out models (10x50) for $489. An awesome buy!!!

Yes, the Swaro's are no doubt nice, but for the $$$, they are not THAT MUCH nicer than my Razor's.

One other thing....You can't beat the customer service at Vortex. I recently broke on of the arms of the "Bino-loc" accessory that holds open the bino's at your interpupilary distance setting. I called them up and they said they would have a new one in the mail to me that day. Didn't charge me anything....not even shipping.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.