Best Beam Scale

I have had no issues with the Lee scale.
the lee is one of the most sensitive scales out there. Ive used, 5-10, 304, 10-10. Recently bouht a redding no 2, m500, m1000 for testing. Im using the no2 currently but really like the m1000 as it is accurate and like the 10-10, fits inside itself with a cover similar to the 10-10. The m500 is no longer here. The no2 is accurate and the only thing i dont like is the beam is very close to hanging up at the pointer and slightly off center it easily gets caught. It is also too light and moves easily. I am going to turn it upside down add lead shot and pour in fiberglass resin to give it heft. May do same with m1000

I want to save anyone who's tempted by the Lee while researching beam scales. I like Lee, lots of value throughout the lineup. The scale will make you blow your lunch though. Fastest I've ever returned something.
I couldn't agree more….I just kept thinking…I'm betting my life on this ***? I need to value my life just a bit higher!

I have a RCBS 1010 collecting dust. The Gen06 I got is a great electronic that I recommend. You will not be disappointed.

Attachments

• Gen 6.JPG
    Gen 6.JPG
    526.6 KB · Views: 44
I couldn't agree more….I just kept thinking…I'm betting my life on this ***? I need to value my life just a bit higher!
I'm a fairly patient person but life is too short to wait for that thing to stop moving waiting for the marks to line up. Marks that DON"T EVEN actually touch or overlap in any way! All I wanted to do was verify my cheapo lyman digital but I couldn't even get that far. If people have good experience with it then they're candidates for beatification, I was twitching by the time I got it back in the box.

I have 2 sets of Lyman check weights. I also have an expensive lab balance. Some of the Lyman weights are within .01 grains , a couple within .1 grains.
I also have an expensive gram set but don't use them since my balance is now set to grains and very difficult to change.

I constantly throw a check weight on just to be safe.

Thats a good scale. I just saw one for sale & wow, what a sticker shock I got. I could about buy a good quality electronic scale for that was goin for.

I've got one for sale if anyone is interested.

I was using a Pact electronic scale and someone asked ,me if I knew the florescent lights can mess with electronic scales.
Right away I took the RCBS 1010 out and had a small amount discrepensy.So from then on I checked every 3rd load and had to remove some powder and some add a bit,not a lot but some.Thats when I started using LED lights and now I check a couple in 20 rounds and have not had to add or subtract any powder but I still check every now and then.
I have the weights and use them now but back when I had the old lighting system I used the 20 gram weight that came with the electronic scale to check.
At the time I did not have the smaller weights but do now and have not found a single shell with an over or under powder charge from my written loads.
With the Florescent lights I have had as much as .4 grains under and another time I had .3 gr over charge.With LED lights that went away.
I also use LED but I also use a line conditioner for my electronic scales, haven't had any issues since

I have 2 sets of Lyman check weights. I also have an expensive lab balance. Some of the Lyman weights are within .01 grains , a couple within .1 grains.
I also have an expensive gram set but don't use them since my balance is now set to grains and very difficult to change.

I constantly throw a check weight on just to be safe.
There are different classification of check weights for lab scales ATSM 0 thru 4, 5-7 is industrial. the lower the ATSM the better but you will pay a lot for it.

Just purchased a Frankford Arsenal Platinum digital scale. Comes with AC cord, rechargeable batteries, and two check weights (50 gn each) for calibration. I'm excited to try it out. Will be faster than my beam scale (RCBS 10-10), and I've had some doubt as to my beam accuracy, so moving to digital with beam verification.