Best Beam Scale

Does anyone here know what the percentage of inaccuracy is common to a balance beam scale like a standard non-accurized 1010 is? I do not.

Lastly is it true or untrue that the electronic trickler/scale combinations are affected by florescent light or other light forms and atmospheric factors like a breeze created by your AC or heat that contacts the scale?

I've been kicking around for YEARS upgrading to a electronic scale and powder trickler but have was to concerned about it being affected by light and atmospheric factors to take the financial plunge.
Yes they are affected by such outside influences. A simple beam balance scale is also thrown off by breeze from a close by heater/AC vent. Back in the day I had computer speakers near the scale, they affected operations as well. Must have been the magnetics in the speakers.

Yes they are affected by such outside influences. A simple beam balance scale is also thrown off by breeze from a close by heater/AC vent. Back in the day I had computer speakers near the scale, they affected operations as well. Must have been the magnetics in the speakers.
Good to know. I would imagine the air moved by the speakers would affect it as well.

tried the digital ones , still find my beam scales and use them all the time vrs the digital ones. My 1st was the Ohaus / Lyman M5 , then Ohaus Dial-O-Gram , then RCBS's PowderMaster, and a RCBS M1000 . Have the powderMaster back in the box, stick with my beam scales. My M5 is over 55years now and still going strong.

Nice! Are they still made? Who sells them?
I did believe they do, the only place to find them is usually in an auction and they go quick. I thought at one time, back when, RCBS picked up the 1110 scale for a few years. 🤔

I have both the RCBS 5-0-5 and the 1010. and they work superbly well. I use check wieghts. They are to backups to my digital equipment. Once in a while, I check them against my Ohaus 1010.

Does anyone here know what the percentage of inaccuracy is common to a balance beam scale like a standard non-accurized 1010 is? I do not.

Lastly is it true or untrue that the electronic trickler/scale combinations are affected by florescent light or other light forms and atmospheric factors like a breeze created by your AC or heat that contacts the scale?

I've been kicking around for YEARS upgrading to a electronic scale and powder trickler but have was to concerned about it being affected by light and atmospheric factors to take the financial plunge.
Beam scales are far more accurate than most people know, I have won many matches using an RCBS 10-10

I can't say whether it's the best, but I used the RCBS 505 for 15 years. I was able to keep powder charge consistency well under 1/10 grain. It's a PITA to bounce the beam 3-5 times to make sure the average is dead on the line, but when done that way, it's very accurate. I was able to verify this with a new A&D FX120i scale that is accurate down to 2/100 of a grain. With the accuracy and speed of the A&D, there's no way I'd go back to a time consuming beam scale.

I have a Ohaus M5 but use my RCBS 505 most of the time. I polished the knife edges and keep the bearings clean, a very consistent scale. I too have check weights and zero my scale near the charge weight.