Best Beam Scale

I've got an old, NOS in the box Lyman M5 if you are in the market.

Prior to going to the auto trickler setup on an fx-120i, I used a RCBS 10-10, a RCBS 304, or prior to that a Lyman M5. All great scales.

Not the 304. The dial has problems with lash and repeatability suffers.

Lyman M5 or its Ohaus twin 10 0 5.

Or

A Redding Model 1

Have it tuned or DIY, it's not too hard with the info available on the web.

I second the Scott Parker tuned Redding Model 1 for sale on Accurate Shooter right now.

Lyman m5, I picked it up on eBay, mint condition with all accessories and box. a beautiful scale. Prior to that for 35 years, a rcbs 5-10, I've read on searches through the net there's a guy who re builds these beam scales and I intend to send the 5-10 in for an overhaul. A 2023 project

Looking at buying a new beam scale! What do you guys recommend? Looking for the best beam scale
Thanks for any info and advice!!!
Whenever I had reason to start to question what my scale was doing I used calibration check weights, cheap and easy. Puts your mind at ease.
search Amazon for 7pc calibration weights ( 1g, 2g, 5g, 10g, 20g, 50g, 100g) That's grams not grains. You have to do the math to apply it to your scale and they are less than $8.00 for a set. I use RCBS 5-10 scale. I've had the same one since 1969 when I started reloading. At one point I had problems with it, Ebay had a couple of used 5-10's for sale I picked one up for $35. I called RCBS about my other 5-10's problems and they told me to clean the V-grove knife blocks. Denatured alcohol and Q-tips. never any oil or lubricant, it attracts dust and dirt in the air and compromises performance. I did the cleaning and the scale has worked perfectly ever since, I clean it from time to time. I also suggest a cover for the scale, to keep dirt and dust off of it.

Looking at buying a new beam scale! What do you guys recommend? Looking for the best beam scale
Thanks for any info and advice!!!
Pick one out you like for the amount of money you want to spend. As long as it has a magnetic dampener in it, you should be fine. I sold mine in a garage sale about 10 years ago. RCBS charge master x2 works for me.

Love the 10-10. Tried digital, too fussy, too slow and not reliable. The gently cared for 10-10 is pretty infallible and super fast once you have your technique down.

C65EA5CD-D63F-4DED-869E-46C127F0B1D1.jpeg

6AEC9394-FD9C-4389-BB3D-AE9FD7B56340.jpeg

Does anyone here know what the percentage of inaccuracy is common to a balance beam scale like a standard non-accurized 1010 is? I do not.

Lastly is it true or untrue that the electronic trickler/scale combinations are affected by florescent light or other light forms and atmospheric factors like a breeze created by your AC or heat that contacts the scale?

I've been kicking around for YEARS upgrading to a electronic scale and powder trickler but have was to concerned about it being affected by light and atmospheric factors to take the financial plunge.