Beam scale recommendations?

vitaminado

hello.
What scale do you recommend that it is not made in china?

I have seen rcbs manufactures in china?
Dillon terminator is made in china?

regards

I use a Redding scale and have had no issues with it, also have an old Lee scale that came in a kit I bought years ago that worked well.

I bought the old brass Redding scale and that thing is amazing accurate. Hit up eBay for that stuff

There is an RCBS 10-10 over on 6br for sale. The Lyman M5 is excellent, or get a Scott Parker tuned scale.

Don Dunlap

I have a Dillon Terminator that was awesome until it will no longer hold zero. You can zero it out, check it a few times, make sure there's no airflow in the room etc. Set it to your desired charge, load a few cases, then reset it to zero and its off. Then when you rezero it, check the few rounds you just previously weighed and dumped, they are off .1-.2 of a grain. I am very particular and this thing won't cut it. I even took it apart, flipped the bearings around, cleaned everything and nothing changed.

I have since bought a new RCBS 10-10. I loved it at first, but I am starting to dislike it. It was made in China, and you can tell. The line on the beam and on the scale, where you check to see if it's zeroed out, are not very precise and it takes a little extra time to double check it. It also takes about twice as long to settle down when you place the pan on the beam. My Dillon is still twice as fast, I am not in any hurry, but the beam moves up and down for awhile until it finally settles. I might just be over critical about it, but going from using the Dillon for the last 7-8 years and to this is hard to get use too.

My advice is get a new old stock or good condition Lyman, Redding, RCBS, Ohaus, etc. off eBay or on a forum like the others have suggested. I have used some of these old scales before and they are the best beam scales in my opinion.

Rcbs 10-10.

++1. I have a 30 year old 10-10 that is IMHO the best beam scale that can be had for under $200. I also own a RCBS 505 and a Redding, but the RCBS 10-10 is IMHO clearly the best of the three.

**** shame if RCBS is now making their scales in Chi-Com.

I'd also recommend an old stock or used RCBS 10-10. Love mine and I use it verify the accuracy of my digital scales and/or my powder measure. If I'm not loading more than 50 or so rounds, I now usually use the 10-10 alone. Mine is an older model scale manufactured by Ohaus.

On the bottom of the base of the scale, mine is stamped "Mfg by Ohaus Scale Corp, Florham Park, NJ USA". That said, I wouldn't be suprised if Ohaus has manufacturing facilities in other parts of the world as well. For me, it is important that it was manufactured by Ohaus.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts