Best barrel manufacturer

I figured this is a joke and I'm not offended by it at all but I do happen to have a green mountain 8 twist 6.5 saum barrel that shoots great. The bore didn't look as good as my bartleins but it looked way better than any factory barrel that I have ever owned.
That is not true, in the very beginning for a short period they did.

That is not true, for a short period in the beginning they did. I layed my eyes on one that was stamped Bartlien on the breech end
I have every barrel named in this thread and they all shoot better than any factory barrel , I also have some military barrels that had never been screwed into a action that shoot raged holes . Not that I can really tell a difference other than fouling , I'm partial too Bartlein , Proof , Lija , Loather Walther , Satern and Shilen in that order.

I have every barrel named in this thread and they all shoot better than any factory barrel , I also have some military barrels that had never been screwed into a action that shoot raged holes . Not that I can really tell a difference other than fouling , I'm partial too Bartlein , Proof , Lija , Loather Walther , Satern and Shilen in that order.
How do you have barrels that have never been in an action that shoot ragged holes? I'm a little confused

You can look at this question two ways.
1. The manufacturer of the "BARREL" with the steel metal used along with the process of forging and then the testing of the steel for imperfections.
2. The "Drilling & Rifiling process done by a manufacture to give a Rifled Barrel Blank. There are several different processes for Drilling and Rifiling. QC is very important.

I have seen some very accurate rifles produced from Hammer Forged to 5R Cut.
Some processes may be better for the type of shooting, barrel length & diameter and caliber.
There are some Companies that are known to Drill and Rifle a Barrel with such good tolerance that Hand Lapping is not needed.
This is a hard question to answer. A lot is based on personal preference and experience.
We prefer Krieger, Bartlien, and Spencer/MPA.
+1 4 Krieger !

I am somewhat surprised to not see Schneider mentioned yet. While not widely discussed they are incredible barrels. I know Marine snipers at least used to use them, and still may.

Obermeyer barrels are outstanding also! A newer company called Hawk Hill is turning out some excellent match winning barrels too, The list could go on. I just dialed in and threaded an X-Caliber barrel yesterday and I'm going to chamber it this morning, I can tell you that it is the absolutely straightest barrel I have ever dialed in! When I'm done with the rifle I will let you know how it shoots.

I only have experience with savage prefit shilen and criterion. Photo is why I wont buy another criterion. Notice off center freebore. No camera trick. Was replaced with second criterion barrel that wasn't very good either.

Attachments

• 1507240018.JPG
    1507240018.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 63
  • 1507240019.JPG
    1507240019.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 1507240009.JPG
    1507240009.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 67
Obermeyer barrels are outstanding also! A newer company called Hawk Hill is turning out some excellent match winning barrels too, The list could go on. I just dialed in and threaded an X-Caliber barrel yesterday and I'm going to chamber it this morning, I can tell you that it is the absolutely straightest barrel I have ever dialed in! When I'm done with the rifle I will let you know how it shoots.
I have a Hawk Hills it is extremely good and there customer service is excellent I would buy another barrel from Shawn anytime . As for McGowan no way there customer service absolutely sucks never again.