Best barrel manufacturer

Hard to name " the best", when we are living in a great time with multiple premium barrel makers.

My current favorites are Bartlein and K&P, closely followed by Benchmark. Used Hart and Lila in the past as well, but these did not shoot as well for me.

Broughton barrels are the best I've ever used, Unfortunately they no longer make barrels, I wish someone would pick up where they left off making barrels using the 5C rifling. But Hart barrels are hard to beat too.
I wasn't aware that they had closed up, that is to bad they are great

PROOF barrels are often Bartlein barrels with CF wrapping. As far as I know PROOF does not make the steel barrels, they just CF wrap them.

I'd go for a Bartlein stainless factory lapped barrel in 5R rifling.
Bartlein makes a carbon wrapped barrel it would seem to be counterproductive if proof is using their barrels.

PROOF barrels are often Bartlein barrels with CF wrapping. As far as I know PROOF does not make the steel barrels, they just CF wrap them.

I'd go for a Bartlein stainless factory lapped barrel in 5R rifling.

Proof has never used Bartlein for their liners. Proof makes their own liners and steel barrels.

Pre-Proof (ABS Barrels) used Rock Creek liners.

I'm curious on what everyone feels is the best barrel manufacturer. I have used a few different manufacturers over the years Bartlein, Shilen, Carbon 6, Broughton , and Proof research. My opinion is stuck between Broughton and Proof Research. I bought the Broughton as a blank and fit it to the action and it shot like a dream. My Proof was bought as a pre-fit and I installed it on a Zermatt Origin, I had to use a stock off a different rifle to do the break in but was impressed with what I saw after breaking it in. I want to hear everyone's two cents
Unless something has changed, Braughton stopped making barrels two years ago. They were good..

I have used Bartlein, Shilen, McGowen, and Krieger. I'm not sure I could blindly tell them apart, and frankly I think we live in a time of riches in terms of good barrels. I have worked up .33 MOA or better loads with all these barrels (except the Krieger but it was on an AR, and still shot really good groups for an AR). My F-Class gun wears a Bartlein but in general I buy McGowen because they are a great value. For my hunting rifles that's hard to beat. Just worked up sub-.5 MOA loads for both a 6.5-06AI and 300WM with McGowen barrels. I'm sure with a higher round count I'd be less conservative and call them something smaller.

My most accurate rifles have used Krieger. Satern, and Wilson barrels. All were/are quarter minute barrels when conditions are perfect and I'm shooting well.

I have Douglas, Krieger, Lilja, Lothar Walther and Bartlien barrels on many rifles. All make good barrels, not all could do what I wanted this time for my long range rifle.

I went to Bartlien for my last three barrels for several reasons. 1. Gain twist in any rate desired. 2. Left hand rotation.
3. Volume of competitors using their barrels.
4. They can and will make a barrel to your exact specifications. 5. They have a very good reputation with many recommendations from knowledgeable experts.
I wanted a very special set barrels, with very special capabilities. Not everyone wants or needs what I ordered, but if you do, I highly recommend Bartlien! My three are exactly what I wanted, and all shoot 1/4 moa. They are worth the price and the wait. I will buy more.