best 7rum 9.25 twist bullet for whitetail???

About the only bullet I could get to shoot half way decent in mine was a Swift Scirocco 150 grain bullet. If it's a factory Remington, it has .400" of freebore so you can forget about seating near the lands.

I have a factory Sendero SF in 7mm STW. It has the 9.25" twist barrel as well. I can (and do) shoot everything up to the Berger 180 Hybrids with no stabilization issues.

I special ordered it brand new back in 2002 when I was working at the gun shop, and it's always been a tack-driver no matter what I shot through it. The 7mm STW is a LR caliber, so I shoot the Berger 180 Hybrids for maximum effectiveness.

140 sierra and 175 hornady have been great for me with the two 7rums I've had. The 140 accubond also shows promise; I'd guess the 160 would also. Lots of options will work as already mentioned so find some bullets and slow powder and have at it.

When it comes to bullet choice, it depends on the intended game and the range at which you intend to engage the target.

For whitetails, if you're going to be shooting 600 yards and closer, bullet weight doesn't matter much. At short distances, speed trumps BC. But when the distances get long (beyond 600) the heavy bullets really begin to shine. My suggestion is to look at the Berger 180hybrid. It has a great BC, you will be able to get good velocities with it and it's lethal.

+1 with what Trebark has to say. My friend's 7RUM (Sendero) shoots the 180 hybrids and the HVLD's consistently inside .5 MOA.
At around 3100 fps (his gun) they absolutely kill anything near or far!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.