Best 7mm out there now

I like the Regular Old 7mm Rem Mag or 280ai. Easy to find brass for is one of my rifle requirements.
Also, check out Nathan Foster of Ballistic Studies 7mm Practical. Which is basically a 7 x 300 win mag with a couple of improvements Nathan tested and added. 7 x 300wm is also easy to find brass for.

Last edited:
If you like the fast twist 7 and all you want is a fast twist factory rifle. I seen some of the Remington long range hunters in 1/8 twist. Finally they are catching on. I think if I'm buying a new rifle I would probably go 28Nos if I could find it in a 1/8. Then 7PRC but 26 inch barrel. Then 7Rem. If building it would be really tough but maybe still custom 28 Nos, and then maybe a 7/300win practical or something like a 7/300 PRC but with only having to neck down the neck. But then if I spending that type of money to build a full custom it's probably going to be a 338 IMP 30 degree Lapua. For now it's my 300RUM is my easy long ranger next to my short action cartridges like my 308 or my 7mm-08.
My Browning Xbolt Hells canyon came in 1/8 twists, then after 850 rounds I put a Krieger 1/8 twists on it. Gained a 100 fps. Shoots the 190 hybrid target at 3070, not maxed out but very accurate out to a long ways

I like the Regular Old 7mm Rem Mag or 280ai. Easy to find brass for is one of my rifle requirement.
Also, check out Nathan Foster of Ballistic Studies 7mm Practical. Which is basically a 7 x 300 win mag with a couple of improvements Nathan tested and added. 7 x 300wm is also easy to find brass for.
I am not a big .28 cal fan (I re-purposed my 7MM RM and STW, but an LRH brother gifted me a 7MM SAUM, which changed my perspective). Nathan is a bad arse! 👍

Feenix I don't personally own a 7 Anymore . I sold mine to my brother and kept shooting my 270. I will say the 7 saum has been mighty tempting. I have a friend that's a very good shooter that has worn out 4 7mm mag barrels and has now gone to 7mm-300wm. That Practical or the standard WM version is tempting. Now I mostly shoot 6.5 Grendel, 6.5-06 or something in 308s. I don't do well with recoil and muzzle blast. I get concussion symptoms. Too much football and head injuries. Nathan has definitely done a lot of hands on in the field And shares a lot of what he's learned.