Best 7mm out there now

Whatever any of you do. Do not, and I repeat. DO NOT BUILD A WILDCAT WITH THE BEST PARTS YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON AND RUN IT TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL. Turn the fuel back on that bad boy and run with the normal cartridges of that caliber so you don't over pressure things, ruin brass or beat the gun up. I repeat. Do not! Obviously there's only a few people on here that know when things are over pressure. So run it by them first. The rest of us are just stupid. We cannot see any signs or have the proper tools to check it.
There's folks that live on the Borderline and then there's folk that are just Boards ;)

Attachments

• IMG_3544.jpeg
    IMG_3544.jpeg
    422.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_3548.jpeg
    IMG_3548.jpeg
    553.6 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3550.jpeg
    IMG_3550.jpeg
    336.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2641.jpeg
    IMG_2641.jpeg
    489.9 KB · Views: 109
Funny Kirby was running the 7AM,Loooong time ago and its as fast as anything that's been posted.Guess a 7/338 LA will do that.

Personally, on a hunting rifle, I value performance above all.
To me that means velocity and accuracy, within safe limits of course.

If a case only lasts 6-8 firings shooting fast heavy .264, 284 or .308 calibers yet my goal is met, I celebrate. Or 5 firings.

Case life of 15 firings is for some other kind of cartridge, like small or mild ones. Neither are interesting for the most part. But I use .257 for what a lot of people do with .224
Word .....

28 Nosler for me
7Mag will always have a spot in the go to grab rifles

7RM will do anything anyone will ever need it to. Sure the bigger boomers will do it from further away but who can't get closer and have same results? 7RM is available virtually everywhere (components/ammo) and most can shoot it w/o a brake. It's range capabilities are beyond what most can shoot (and not I don't mean most on this site but across the globe) efficiently and it's been doing it for 61 years. And according to die sales is the most popular round. This is what I think qualifies for ultimate 7mm. Most of the big boomer requirements are special order, custom actions, custom dies, and at over three times the cost. No offense to you guys running those heavy hittin 7mm's, they're impressive and I'm jealous but for me and average joes factory is about all we can manage and make those better with a little handloading. If I had to turn all my other rifles in and could only choose 1 it would be a toss up (and hard decision) between 280 and 7mmRM. But would probably choose just the 7RM

Recent Posts