Best 7mm out there now

How do they compare to the 7 RUM ? Similar speeds without cooking a barrel in 1000 rounds?
Faster. Can't tell you on barrel life. ( I'm
Sure it is limited) but so far mines still shooting and I've never been worried about it. I'll order another barrel and keep shooting. Mines running 3400fps with 180s and could be ran harder if I wanted. Don't know how the other 7/300nmi work because this was a custom reamer design.

Attachments

• IMG_4046.jpeg
    IMG_4046.jpeg
    172.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
"Best 7mm out there now."

7 SAUM !!! Hands Down !!!

Using "My Best" Criteria:

One of the Most Efficient per grain of powder.
Superbly Accurate !!!
It's an over achiever, well designed case, no improvements needed, easy to load for, easy to shoot. accurate, long barrel life, versatile, can run in short, medium, & long actions, works well in short & long barrels, Suppressed or non, good fit in lightweight or heavy rifle platforms,
Runs light or Heavy bullets, runs well with a lot of different powders & primers,
Quality ADG Headstamped brass,
easy for the average handloader to support & run,
Some custom loaded ammo sources.
It's a No fuss Non-Wildcat, Non-Improved 7mm,

& something you can shoot ALOT.
= BEST !!!

Last edited:
After watching, a 7 PRC, 24" Proof, Tikka action recently, with 180's clocking at, 2,980 to 3,000 FPS and into, Smallish, .311 Ctr to Ctr Groups, I'm,. SOLD !
Very manageable barrel Jump and recoil with, the PVA, 3 Port, Jet Blast Brake !
My Brother and I are doing the same thing with the std 7 Mag with .210 freebore.

Two loads, 26", 9T, #5 contours, Brux and Krieger 4G, a third in an X Caliber barrel-6G

A. R#22 shoots a single bullet hole with R#22 at 2860

B. R#26 shoots sub 3/8" with Fed 215's, 3030 fps

Remington Brass, non-trued 700s, Boyd's stocks, Gentry muzzle breaks, Burris signature 6x24 with the light seeker front objectiveDies are Forster bullet seater and FL sizer, while I found the best accuracy with a '79 RCBS full-length sizer....go figure. We full-length size every firing. Beater rifles are not supposed to shoot this well, but they do.

I don't think a guy could go wrong with a 7 PRC or 7 Rem mag as they have almost identical case capacity.

The 7 Rem mag will feed flawlessly in the Mark 5, I don't know about the PRC.

28 Nosler is equal to the 7 STW in case capacity, or darn close to it. 28 Nosler cases(AGD), anyone making 7 STW Brass?

Recent Posts