Berger vs Sierra at ELR

I have not had the best success with 7mm 180 hybrids in 9tw barrels. At around 2K yards, it is like clockwork when the DA dips below 5300 or so, no longer on path.
I've also seen 140gr 6.5 hybrids attempted to be shot too far and it was not pretty. I shoot with guys that shoot 215gr 30 cal hybrids, our targets are not set far enough out to test them.
VLD's seem to do way better, and Berger used to make a 7mm 175 gr XLD that really shined.

I have not had the best success with 7mm 180 hybrids in 9tw barrels. At around 2K yards, it is like clockwork when the DA dips below 5300 or so, no longer on path.
I've also seen 140gr 6.5 hybrids attempted to be shot too far and it was not pretty. I shoot with guys that shoot 215gr 30 cal hybrids, our targets are not set far enough out to test them.
VLD's seem to do way better, and Berger used to make a 7mm 175 gr XLD that really shined.
I haven't had much success with any 6.5 near transonic.
To the op, I've used the 195tmk to 1500 in a 308 with good results. Has a g7 of .3, so not like the heavies but it'll get u there. In my 300wby powder selection can really make a difference in holding velocity spread to a reasonable level which will be more of a challenge than finding a bullet to transition to subsonic imo. Goodluck

I have my best luck with a 185 berger juggernaut in the 308 does very well to 1500 that's as far as we have been able to shoot them

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.