Berger VLD Target for Antelope??

Unoboats

Loading my 260 Rem for Antelope hunting, have used Scirocco's for years but have some Berger 130 gr VLD target and wondered how they might do on goats. Any help would be welcomed, I have not been using my Bergers' for hunting only on steel. I I will get some grief dur to some of my experiences with VLD's on game animals.
Thanks for any consideration

Loading my 260 Rem for Antelope hunting, have used Scirocco's for years but have some Berger 130 gr VLD target and wondered how they might do on goats. Any help would be welcomed, I have not been using my Bergers' for hunting only on steel. I I will get some grief dur to some of my experiences with VLD's on game animals.
Thanks for any consideration
The jacket on the Target Bergers is actually thicker than the Hunting bullets. Personally, I have no direct experience on game with the Target bullets but have friends that have used them on game with great results.

You are golden. Do it with no second thoughts.

My daughter uses the 130 OTMs in her 6.5 SLR @ 2900fps. She has shot pronghorn at 260, 381, 391, and 771. And big mule deer bucks at 454, 532, and 637.

I have them loaded in my .260AI at 3060fps for pronghorn in a couple months.

Last edited:
I can't see you having any problems with that bullet. I use the 130 hunting out of one of my 6.5x47's. Whitetail don't like it. Most have been DRT.