Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

I've got some Alco 195's inbound right now and a 7mm Dakota just waiting patiently, they sure are a awesome looking bullet!! Swamplord hows the pressure curve been on the loooonnnnngg bearing surface?
Chris
Benchmark

Have you got a report on the Alco 195's?
I was going to try these and the 205"s. I was wondering how they preformed.

No live fire reports yet, still waiting on my dies from Whidden, I did get the hydraulic case forming die for my 7mm LRH recently so assume my loading dies will be coming soon ,

These bullets are not from Alco or W3PS ......
I have another source making me 200 pcs each of the 7mm RBT Steel Tip bullets in 226 gr, 196 gr and 168 gr, just got confirmation that my bullets are completed and will be shipping out next week

the first batch of the 226 gr bullets will be for evaluation to see if it is even possible to make them fly .......

I trust Kirby Allen to give us an unbiased report on the performance of these bullets (or lack of ) once he gets them in the air ......

I do realize most of you are awed by the long bearing surface (as am I) on the 226 gr bullet but what bullet has not gone through rigorous testing before production ? Simply put, this is a prototype of an impossible ( by popular belief) weight for caliber bullet and I'm spending my hard earned dimes to find out if we can make it shoot ! Just not the secretive type and am including y'alls to the show !

If performance suffers at long range due to stability issues it can still be a super knockdown big game bullet in large cased 7mm cartridges at normal hunting distances due to the swaged 30 caliber jacket and steel tip to initiate expansion , this will make the 7mm's a viable choice for brown bear hunting !

High sectional density, heavy slower moving, expanding bullets with a lot of shank to plow deep into game was once a religion ! hahaha ...

No live fire reports yet, still waiting on my dies from Whidden, I did get the hydraulic case forming die for my 7mm LRH recently so assume my loading dies will be coming soon ,

These bullets are not from Alco or W3PS ......
I have another source making me 200 pcs each of the 7mm RBT Steel Tip bullets in 226 gr, 196 gr and 168 gr, just got confirmation that my bullets are completed and will be shipping out next week

the first batch of the 226 gr bullets will be for evaluation to see if it is even possible to make them fly .......

I trust Kirby Allen to give us an unbiased report on the performance of these bullets (or lack of ) once he gets them in the air ......

I do realize most of you are awed by the long bearing surface (as am I) on the 226 gr bullet but what bullet has not gone through rigorous testing before production ? Simply put, this is a prototype of an impossible ( by popular belief) weight for caliber bullet and I'm spending my hard earned dimes to find out if we can make it shoot ! Just not the secretive type and am including y'alls to the show !

If performance suffers at long range due to stability issues it can still be a super knockdown big game bullet in large cased 7mm cartridges at normal hunting distances due to the swaged 30 caliber jacket and steel tip to initiate expansion , this will make the 7mm's a viable choice for brown bear hunting !

High sectional density, heavy slower moving, expanding bullets with a lot of shank to plow deep into game was once a religion ! hahaha ...

Yeah, sorry about that Swamplord... I can't keep em straight :rolleyes: got you testing those, and following like 3 others testing of the ALCOs... Glad to hear you're starting to receive the parts!!

9 twist barrels and 180-195 gr 7mm bullets are boring ! hahaha

Going to 7 twist barrels, 208 and 226 gr 7mm bullets ..... is where all the cool fun is !

pic below
226 gr 7mm RBT ST and 165 gr 6.5mm RBT CT

I'd put that 226 on a diet. Keep same length but take off about 10 grains in order to make the nose twice as long. That would up the BC despite less weight by improving the form factor. The length might still be too long for a 7 twist.

At any rate I'd rather have a sleeker bullet at whatever length and weight one could stabilize in a fast twist barrel.

Yeah, late summer. But what year?

+100

I put an 8" twist on my 7stw rebuild with the 195 berger (and a few other heavies that need the 8" twist) in mind.... So far it seems to like 140 grain nos bt/ab better than either the sierra 180 hpbt or the Berger 180 hybrid... Go figure...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.