Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

Bring it on Berger boys !

I'ma ready for da 195 gr Hybrid !

I've picked up some of the 180 Hybrids, 190 Matrix VLDs and 175 gr ABLRs to play with for now .....

7mm Long Range Hunter
300 Norma Mag cases MOM banged with 20 gr Blue Dot
108.5 gr h20 case capacity average for 20 cases
180 gr Berger Hybrid kissing rifling @ 3.507" coal

I like that cartridge.

Bring it on Berger boys !

I'ma ready for da 195 gr Hybrid !

I've picked up some of the 180 Hybrids, 190 Matrix VLDs and 175 gr ABLRs to play with for now .....

Swamplords%207mm%20LRH_zpslxst5uwz.jpg

7mm Long Range Hunter
300 Norma Mag cases MOM banged with 20 gr Blue Dot
108.5 gr h20 case capacity average for 20 cases
180 gr Berger Hybrid kissing rifling @ 3.507" coal

That is one sexxxxxy lookin' cartridge!!!

That is one sexxxxxy lookin' cartridge!!!

Yes it is !

Whidden Gunworks have my hydraulic case forming die and reloading dies done and shipped, have a batch of the Alco 208 gr RBT steel tipped bullets and RL33, RL26, IMR 7977 on hand, black bear bait station set last Saturday, gonna see how it all happens at 42 yards, not waiting on the 195 Bergers anymore , got more 208's and 195 gr Alco RBT ST bullets coming,

I hear that the Bergers are coming this July ............ a handful of guys have been testing them the past year so they do exist !!

Patience fellas , can be a bitch but when she comes down the stairs all dressed up it is all well worth the wait !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 70
I've got some Alco 195's inbound right now and a 7mm Dakota just waiting patiently, they sure are a awesome looking bullet!! Swamplord hows the pressure curve been on the loooonnnnngg bearing surface?
Chris
Benchmark

I've got some Alco 195's inbound right now and a 7mm Dakota just waiting patiently, they sure are a awesome looking bullet!! Swamplord hows the pressure curve been on the loooonnnnngg bearing surface?
Chris
Benchmark

9 twist barrels and 180-195 gr 7mm bullets are boring ! hahaha

Going to 7 twist barrels, 208 and 226 gr 7mm bullets ..... is where all the cool fun is !

pic below
226 gr 7mm RBT ST and 165 gr 6.5mm RBT CT

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
wow the bearing surface on that 226 grain bullet looks ridiculously long. What are you shooting it out of and what kind of velocity are you getting?

Will be shootin them from the 7mm ATF !
(7mm Alaskan Thunder Fart)
Naww , just kidding ! lol

These are expiremental bullets with a calculestimated bc around .98 - 1.0 ........ verification of bc will commence shortly, Kirby will be getting some to test in the 7mm AM , and I will be shooting them with my 7mm LRH 8 twist bbl with a 7 twist Bartlein in the works ...
yes, the bearing surface is very long but we gotta start somewhere , further improvements will incorporate a shorter bs (bearing surface, ha !)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.