Berger bullet no expansion...why?

Does anyone have a picture of the lungs of these animals shot with non expanding Bergers. I've been trying all week to get a non expanding pass through or a blow up, shoulder shot, very light back of the rib shots, nothing but destroyed lungs and utter carnage in the middle. Hard to get data when everything is dead before I can rack another round!
I would really like to see someone document one of these multiple non expansion events with multiple hits, the lungs definitely give us a good idea of what's happening by the shape of the wound channel. Pics of the flesh side of the entrance and exit also give a guys some ideas.

I had a 210VLD/300Wby suck a large piece of lung out of a softball size exit hole this weekend. The victim was a mature whitetail buck at 200yds.gun):D

Does anyone have a picture of the lungs of these animals shot with non expanding Bergers. I've been trying all week to get a non expanding pass through or a blow up, shoulder shot, very light back of the rib shots, nothing but destroyed lungs and utter carnage in the middle. Hard to get data when everything is dead before I can rack another round!
I would really like to see someone document one of these multiple non expansion events with multiple hits, the lungs definitely give us a good idea of what's happening by the shape of the wound channel. Pics of the flesh side of the entrance and exit also give a guys some ideas.

+1. Lets see some pictures so shot placement can be seen. No bullet is perfect and they will all expand / fragment minimally with poor shot placement. MASS / RESISTANCE is needed for a bullet to work properly.

Berger VLD's work best once the meplat has been uniformed / trimmed. You will lose a little BC but this will help expansion on poor shot placement. Any hollow point will benefit from this.

If you have good shot placement, you don't need an expanding bullet. It just helps somewhat. They don't make solid bullets just for shooting rocks.

I have to also wonder why the OP had this trouble with multiple bullets in a repetitive fashion. I also suspect that a VLD or bedded seating stem will solve the problem. I make fully bedded seating stems for my rifles to be absolutely certain I am seating only off the ogive and in no way touching the tip.
It sucks to have to deal with shooting a game animal multiple times. I appreciate that you are considering and investigating why in an effort to not repeat that performance in the future. I am no fan boy of any particular bullet, they all have certain things they do better or worse than others. I put hundreds and hundreds of rounds into testing before they ever get a chance to chase game. The bullet is the cheapest part of the hunt, but has a heavy influence on my success, or failure. I test and recover impacts from 100 yards out to as far as I can expect to reliably hit. I'm not going to just drink the marketing koolaide and take other keyboard 'experts' results as gospel. I will test it, in my rifle in the conditions I use it in.
The results that the OP reports strongly suggests to me that there is some type of induced seating damage to the bullet. Either from the die or in the chambering process. One bullet failure is an unfortunate anomaly that gets through the personal screening process, maybe a tip plugged with polishing compound or jacket material down inside the hollow point. I have seen both of those things previously, and not just in Berger bullets. Two in a row is a trend and raises a big red flag that it's in the process it is going through any more in a row reinforce that something in the set up isn't right, or every one of the bullets he fired is flawed. The probability of six bullet failures in a row all ending up in the same box, and then the same magazine, regardless of bullet brand, is beyond minimal without some sort of consistent damage to the bullet being induced by the end user. Before you just change bullets take a good look at what you have going on. Carefully measure a bullet check the internal tip cavity and photograph it. Seat it into a case as usual and measure it and check the tip cavity and photograph it again. Chamber it from the magazine measure it check the tips and photograph it. Pull the bullet out and check the tip cavity, measure and photograph. Compare your notes and photographs the problem is in there someplace, and just changing bullets won't likely solve it on its own.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.