BENCH SOURCE - CASE NECK ANNEALING MACHINE

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by chesspunker, Aug 9, 2018.

1. chesspunker

chesspunker Well-Known Member

Does anyone recommend the Bench Source Case Neck Annealing Machine? You can get one for under $600 at Brownells. I saw a video on YouTube which demonstrates the unit and it looks pretty slick. I'm on my third round with my current brass and I want to anneal before loading up again. I really don't want to spend $1000 on the AMP unit. Your thoughts please?

2. SDMOL

SDMOL Active Member

I've had one for a year and a half. Very well made machine that does exactly what it says it does.

3. Memberberries

Memberberries Member

Those are supposed to work well with automated case feeders and things like that but if you are not looking to do tens of thousands of rounds a month it might be worth getting one of the front load style. They are a couple hundred cheaper and a lot of people seem to like these.

Annealeez
    http://www.annealeez.com

Mike's reloading bench
    http://www.mikesreloadingbench.com/mrb2018_006.htm

I plan on building my own that will look like a hybrid between these two and cost is under $200 for everything to build one yourself

chesspunker likes this.
  4. Hawk in WY

Hawk in WY Well-Known Member

AMP. It's worth the extra cash.

5. TX Badger

TX Badger Well-Known Member

I have the aneeleez and love it. It's the only one I've owned or used so I little basis for comparison, but even as a beginner in this area I found it simple to set up and efficient to use.

chesspunker and jasonco like this.
  6. chesspunker

I'm really glad I asked! The annealeez looks like a great product!

7. chesspunker

I just purchased the annealeez! Looks perfect for my small batch reloading! Thanks for the help!

8. Memberberries

Memberberries Member

I have seen lots of people that use them and have excellent results, I'm sure you will love it

chesspunker likes this.
  9. shphtr

shphtr Well-Known Member

I replaced my annealeez with an AMP unit. For me the improvement has been significant and feel it was money well spent without any regrets. I would do it over again if given the option.

10. chesspunker

I have no doubt the AMP is superior. I do very small batches so I didn’t want to shell out the big bucks.

11. shphtr

shphtr Well-Known Member

Everyone’s needs are different. You should get what ever best fits your needs and budget.