barrels for canadians?

Shilen will sell to Canada. It takes time to fill out and receive the import and export permits. A friend just received one for a Savage from Shilen.
It might be faster and maybe better to buy one like a Gaillard and have a good smith fit it to your rifle?

What would be the fine or penilties if a fella was to ship a part , nothing with a serial number , but a stock or barrle or anything like that up to Canada?

I know a guy that has a buddy whos brother shipped a part up to a guy that the maker woulden't sell to them in Canada so this good guy bought the part and just fed-exed it up their labeled as "Machine Parts"

It is a piece of "steel tubing" , or "machined steel". I don't think that their would be much fuss over a barrel of somthing of the sort probably a reciever or loaded ammo

I'd hate to have to visit a friend in jail after he got caught smugling stuff into Canada. Doing the import/export isn't tough, it just takes a while.

My friend Darcy Bowyer, Bowyer Outdoor Sports in Maple Creek Sask. imports Lilja barrels and usually can supply them reasonably quickly. Lilja's are about as good as any barrel made anywhere, I have several and they are incredibly accurate and clean up nicely.

Good info Ian and Gun_rat. Got my first hair cut as a kid in Maple creek :) Don't know if I've ever been back and now have little hair left.
For us Canucks there are CDN barrel makers that are worthy of supporting too. One of my 308's has a Gaillard on it that I'm happy with.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.