Action for shouldered switch barrels

Tough to beat a terminus Zeus. I have one in 22 creedmoor I just got back that I have had the chance to shoot yet but barrel change is super easy. This is a Zeus with Gunwerks clymr stock, Diamond trigger with 18" bartlein #4 carbon barrel.
View attachment 477533
Sweet set up. Did you go with Short or long action Zeus? Are you planning to switch barrels? If so, what'cha thinking?

I use a Mark X Mauser Action from Yugoslavia for a variety of 30-06 derivative cartridges including 25-06, 270 Winchester, 30-06 and 35 Whelan. These cartridges all have the same bolt head diameter. Fun and versatile set up. I can shoot 85 grain bullets in the 25-06 op to 250 grain bullets in the 35 Whelan. I always double check head space when changing barrels.

For some of the cartridges I have several barrels for example in 270 Winchester I have a lightweight 24 inch barrel and a heavier fluted 26 inch barrel.

I made a barrel vise with various diameter collets to accommodate different barrel O. D.'s

I may be able to add a 22 Swift barrel to the choices but haven't looked into that yet.

Good for anything from ground hogs to Moose.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are asking that if your gunsmith gets a print of your action, then you can just send a barrel to the gunsmith for him to chamber a barrel for you. Correct? So, your assumption is that all of the actions of that model on the Print are made exactly what the print says.

Top of the list of this kind of qualifications are:

Borden
Stolle
Some Batt actions, early ones were very different

These are the ones that I am familiar with.
I am not a Defiant kind of guy.

OP, sounds like you have the patience of a gnat when it comes to head spacing on a go/no-go gauge with Pre fits which is much more simple than advanced reloading techniques and advanced rifle cleaning. Perhaps more training on how to set up the Pre Fits is in order...pretty darn simple, a little time, and a little patience, Patience is the main ingredient.

Many actions listed by some do not fit the answer to your question. Many of the action companies come and go, the tried and true customs that do not need to be reworked are few.

With the liability/expense of shipping a gun, being able to just order a chambered barrel is a real plus, Shouldered or Pre-fit.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Why do I need more patience? I wanted to swap from a barrel nut system to shouldered prefits.

As to assuming that the action would be the same as the print, Yes that is exactly what I was looking for, an action with tight enough tolerances for shouldered prefits to be spun up based on the action prints.

Anyways, This thread is a few years old and I went with an Impact action. You know, an action that you can just order prefit barrel based off the print….

I don't need any help head spacing a barrel or with precision reloading.

I simply wanted to swap to a shouldered prefit system instead of using barrel nuts. Whats so odd or impatient about that?