Barrel porting vs. muzzle break vs. suppressor ?

When I lived in California, suppressors were not legal. For years I shot braked with double ear protection. Definitely helps on shot sighting and recoil reduction for big magnums.
When I moved to Oregon finally got my first suppressor. What a remarkable difference in performance. If you live in a suppressor friendly state, I highly recommend the suppressor route. There are many good ones available but you should consider the added length overall if you hunt in heavy woods. Shorter barrels are your friend in that case.
Magnaporting does work but it is not as effective as the great brakes available now.
Like many, we didn't use ear protection in the marines back in the day. Fortunately, I have very minimal hearing loss. Go figure.

There has been some awesome comments given on this post and I agree with most all of them, To reduce recoil breaks are the best but the noise they make are real and are deafening.... Suppressor's are the all around best in my option because you get the best of both world, (sound reduction & recoil) but they do add weight to the end of the barrel. I have 3 Silencer Central Banish 30's which give you 2 option of length in one suppressor, 6" for hunting and 9" for everyday shooting plus you can break them down and clean them which will be Hugh in the future when the can gets so dirty that it cause stuff bolt lift, (ask me how I know)!

I wish suppressors were mandatory at all the ranges. It would so much more pleasurable shooting. Okay, that is a bit of stretch….but muzzle breaks just make shooting at a crowded range unpleasant.
That sad thing is, you can walk in a store in South Africa and buy a suppressor, where they have strict gun control laws, and in the US, because everybody things they are like the movies, they are highly regulated. A suppressor is a hearing protection device, its NOT a silencer.

I would consider a muzzle brake and add a suppressor simply cuz your rifle is going to be a hunting rifle primarily. Don't know what your state hunting laws are for suppression. At the long range skills screw on a suppressor and enjoy the best of both worlds.
Thank you every one for the information and suggestions. I think this is the best option for me to have the barrel threaded (with a spare cover) so that I try both the brake and suppressor in the future. I don't live in a suppressor friendly state, but I will be moving to one soon. Thanks again for all the recommendations. I too have hearing loss and want to preserve what I have left.

Love my suppressors, help with the noise and change the recoil impulse like a break. I hate the noise and concussion of a brake especially at the range. I use suppressors that the muzzle adaptor is also a break that way if I hunt somewhere I can't use the can I still have the break. Use hearing protection regardless.

Unless you are the guy next to you when you shoot it.
This reminds me of one of my range sessions. I was on a bench next to the sign-in sheet (terrible location). The range was already hot when a guy showed up to sign. I told him I am about to shoot, and he said he has his ear plugs and is used to noise and blast from muzzle brakes. I said, OK, and pulled the trigger. He jumped and dropped the sign-in sheet and pen. 😎

If you hunt with a hunting/spotting partner, or anyone beside you when you break the shot...muzzle brakes are an extreme nuisance for that person. Shock wave and noise from both porting and a brake is significant.

I run a suppressor on almost every rifle I own. A suppressor will mitigate recoil, adverse effects using a brake and discharge noise. Ideally you want to use a brake with a suppressor. Since this is hunting rifle, a flash hider is not a consideration. But if running suppressed, regardless of the type of rifle, a brake is better than a flash hider for recoil and sound attenuation.

On a separate note...the current wait for NFA Branch to approve an eForm 4 is about 9 months. Another nice thing about a suppressor, you do not need an NFA Branch approved Form 5320.20 to transport the suppressor out of the state in which you domiciled the device. Just make sure possession of a suppressor is legal in the state you visit or transit.

My brothers 7mm Mag is ported. I hate it!! Feels like you get punched in the nose every time you pull the trigger. Go with a suppressor or directional muzzle brake.