Barrel for a 22 Creed

Varmint Hunter

I'm thinking about rebarreling one of my custom rifles in 22 Creed. I was hopeful of finding a 7.5" twist Krieger or Bartlein. I would consider an 8" twist or other match SS barrel. Anyone know of a source?

I'm thinking about rebarreling one of my custom rifles in 22 Creed. I was hopeful of finding a 7.5" twist Krieger or Bartlein. I would consider an 8" twist or other match SS barrel. Anyone know of a source?
Good choice for barrel manufacture, depending on the bullet weight for the twist. I think that you typically shoot lighter bullets. If you are shooting 70gr and above 7.5" will work fine. We have our old trusted Yote & Hog & PD for .223 Rem with a 1:8 and shoot 50gr to 69gr with good/great accuracy. All our new AR Barrels are 1:75 with 26" length to shoot 69 gr to 80 gr.. also have 88.5 that we are going to try.
We only have .224 barrels for ARs and spoken for. We only shoot .223 Rem.
You could tell us more info on the barrel length and in a Stock or Chassis what Action.
You also have some choices with powder in the 22 Creed.
Good luck and you already have many choices discussed on LRH to put a .22 bullet in.
Let us know what you finally decide on.
Len & Jill

Good choice for barrel manufacture, depending on the bullet weight for the twist. I think that you typically shoot lighter bullets. If you are shooting 70gr and above 7.5" will work fine. We have our old trusted Yote & Hog & PD for .223 Rem with a 1:8 and shoot 50gr to 69gr with good/great accuracy. All our new AR Barrels are 1:75 to shoot 69 gr to 80 gr.. also have 88.5 that we are going to try.
We only have .224 barrels for ARs and spoken for. We only shoot .223 Rem.
You could tell us more info on the barrel length and in a Stock or Chassis what Action.
You also have some choices with powder in the 22 Creed.
Good luck and you already have many choices discussed on LRH to put a .22 bullet in.
Let us know what you finally decide on.
Len & Jill
Just (re)building a fun gun and will probably shoot 80-90gr bullets. I have a Lawton custom short action in a McMIllan stock which is currently wearing a .308Win bbl.

I had a 22-243 & 22-243AI previously and really enjoyed them. The 22 Creed would be the easy button for something new. Waiting for some Alpha brass to come in.

Just (re)building a fun gun and will probably shoot 80-90gr bullets. I have a Lawton custom short action in a McMIllan stock which is currently wearing a .308Win bbl.

I had a 22-243 & 22-243AI previously and really enjoyed them. The 22 Creed would be the easy button for something new. Waiting for some Alpha brass to come in.
There ya go!
Alpha or Peterson when in stock. EASY to load up!!!!!!
You have to show us some Predators, Varmints when you get it built along with the load data!
Good luck can't wait to see it finished.

I ordered a battle in number 3 sporter 28" 5r drilled.219 to shoot 80gr plus pills with a 1-8 twist. Looking for easy velocity and good brass life. Alpha brass. I am looking for info/insight on freebore ie. if the 22 creedmoor likes/do'es better with more bullet jump and produces better es/sd's. I'm leaning towards a .260 neck dia. For the chamber. Any input appreciated. I like bartlein and have to wait on my action anyway but if I had to have a barrel made with a quick lead time I would probably order from Ace.

If a guy wants to try a 1-7 twist. I have one I would sell . Bartlein M24, 5R. $390.00 shipped.

Attachments

• IMG_7184.jpeg
    IMG_7184.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7182.jpeg
    IMG_7182.jpeg
    655.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7183.jpeg
    IMG_7183.jpeg
    649 KB · Views: 22