22 creed brake?

A 3 port self timing lil beast brake from MBM may be a good option. I have the 1 piece on my 13 lb .260 AI, can watch the aftermath of prairie dog impacts at 50 yards at 20x, doesn't really move. Can watch bullets impact from about 150 yards and farther.

Also, they are significantly cheaper than the other ones mentioned. I also have a 5 port 1 piece on my 9 lb .338 Norma Magnum, shooting 300 Bergers recoil is about like a 10lb .308. Less than my compact 8lb .308 for sure.
The MBM Lil Beast certainly is a well thought out and very effective Self Timing Muzzle Brake.
It woks very efficiently as indicated in the sled videos which are on their web site.
Don't be fooled by some inexpensive brakes as the metal or in some cases will easily deform while achieving a proper timing mode.
MBM's design and construction as well as their choice of materials used is top notch.
Self timing brake instructions are clear and easy to follow! (see videos)
OBTW the pricing ain't half bad either.!
The set up and timing alignment will take about five minutes providing you do your part and order the concert caliber and the thread and pitch of which your muzzle is threaded.
Another adage is that you can remove , clean , and replace , all in a very methodical order !
Additionally you can use it on more than one caliber of weapon provided the muzzle threads and caliber are the same.
You just screw off and screw on and tighten all other things being equal. ( again check out the MBM videos )
It certainly gets my vote! (yes I do own one a SS MBM 3 port Lil Beast self timing 5/8" X 24 TPI thread is .30 caliber)

Last edited:
SUPPRESSOR !

Please note that I own several muzzle brakes which have I've selected solely on functionality , reliability , and usability .
Your Inquiry is in fact a .22 caliber muzzle brake and not Suppressor Correct !

Not certain if you are aware of the OD & TPI dimensions that you require I have taken the liberty to compose the following text.

Please use this information as you see fit !
For Your Consideration:
I'm currently using the Epsilon V6 Muzzle brake on two 6.5 Creedmoor rifles. ( See Videos for performance data ) I suggest you consider the Eplison VG6 in .223 caliber in your quest to find a workable muzzle system.
Note:

Assuming that your rifle has already been threaded at the factory consult your owners manual for the appropriately threaded muzzle thread.
If it is not threaded you must procure the services of a competent gunsmith.

All rifle barrel's that are chambered in .22 whether a rimfire or say up to and including .223 cabler rifle amazingly share the same . 224 " ID).
In that light your muzzle brake will work if it has a bore diameter of .223" - .224."
Most muzzle brakes will use this use the same ID of .224" up to .223 caliber size brake.
However if you are unsure ask the manufacturer what decimal size their muzzle brake bores are.
I personally own 3. Epsilon VG - 6 muzzle brakes, and have not encountered any problems.
Two in 6.5 Creedmoor caliber , and one in ..22 caliber and they certainly do work for me.

Side Note :
I have and prefer to use MBM Self Timing brand brakes on my . 308- .300 win Mag and .338 Win Mag bolt guns.

Again don't be fooled by cheaply made nock offs even if the say Made in USA
Your thread on the end of the muzzle should be a standard of 1/2" X 28 TPI (however this you must determine beforehand)
An easy way is to use a thread pitch gage leaving no guess work on your part , or simply lay a steel 6 " rule against the threads and hand count the number of threads in a 1/4" of travel.
Lets say for example you count 7 threads in 1/4" simply multiply this figure X 4 and you have your TPI.
so 7 X 4 = 28 TPI.
You also can use a ruler, caliper or micrometer in order to determine your barrels O.D. outside diameter at the threads.
Your final equation will look like this, 1/2" thread diameter X 28 TPI threads per inch = 1/2" X 28 TPI for your muzzle brake to be correctly mounted. (Just perform the simple math )
Additionally in order to have your muzzle brake correctly timed with your barrel and action you will need either a (1 ea.) crush washer , or a series of stepped washer of different thicknesses to allow correct timing of your brake.
Yes the VG- 6 brakes are made using quality components and are manufactured here in the USA !
Pricing is very realistic as to how these brakes perform.
( Watch muzzle brake timing videos for help )
Please note that these are my findings and I only offer them as an aid to guide you ,and not try to talk you into something beforehand !
Hope this will assist you in your choice of a muzzle brake !-

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.