22 creed

Excavator

Who is making a good shooting 22 creed? I just don't want to spend the money on a full custom for the purpose of this gun. It will just be a zero to 300 yard point and shoot truck gun. I have been seeing a lot of varmints in our high fence. I hate to ride around town with A $10,000 full custom Incase someone decides they want it more then me and knocks a window out of the truck.

No factory options at this point (at least that I'm aware of). Cheapest option would probably be to pick up a Savage and throw a pre-fit barrel on. You can do all the work yourself. I went with an X-caliber prefit (in 22-250AI) and it shoots lights out. There are several others that make Savage prefits as well.

Highly recommend xcailber barrels from crown ridge barrel works good people to deal with get a savage and do it yourself I did my is a shooter 16oz water bottles at 500yds have no chance it will put them in same hole at 200yds

Thanks for all the info guys. I had two Encore's u could jump on the trigger and it would not go off. I gave them away. Also not a big fan of a single or break barrel. If the barrel breaks open, it is for shooting dove or quail, where I come from.

I got two criterion barrels from northland shooters supply. One savage & one remage. Both shoot lights out. Pick up a cheap savage or remington adl 243 win.
Option#1 $390 ADL + $330 criterion + $30 barrel nut + $130 timney = $880 truck gun
Option#2 $300 Axis + $330 criterion + $0 original barrel nut + $12 Gun Shack 1.5# trigger spring = $672 truck gun

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.