22-250ai or 22 creed

The easy button for me was going 22-243 (and 22-243AI). I used readily available Lapua cases and ran them through a reg FL 22-243 die. Can't get much easier than that. My favorite load ran a 75gr A-Max moly bullet @ 3,670 fps. It was deadly out to 1.000yds on fat PA groundhogs.

..neither, a standard off the shelf .22/250 will be more than enough compared to everything else .224dia...too much anxiety and nonsense with components these days, I'm sticking to old soldiers.
My dad has a .22-250 and I have to use the MDT 3 round plastic AICS mags to get it to feed correctly. If I make my own I will probably go with .22 Creedmoor to take advantage of all the 10 round magazines I already have. Additionally Lapua stopped making .22-250 brass so I'd have to find a new source as well.

Pick your poison. If I didn't have a 22-250 AI already, I'd be into the 22CM. Not because it outperforms the 22-250AI but because brass is available in the 22CM and no fire forming needed. I know fire forming is accurate but performance is a bit less and after all, that's some of the reason for wanting an AI. Brass life is just as important for me.

Recent Posts