22 creed brake?

Nubba0681

LRH Team Member
Anybody running a brake on their 22 creed?
I have a 22” helix 6 barrel and it really likes to jump when I shoot. Looking for something to tame it a little. It’s not a heavy recoiler obviously but it’s got a jump...
30486711-BA90-42BD-A349-DE9CC0B028B5.jpeg

Tidus56

I really like the little bastard brake by APA. I used one today on a 28 Nosler and I could spot my hits prone, rifle weighs 9.75. I think it would work you.

Nubba0681

LRH Team Member
I’ve read a lot about that. I’m wanting something pretty small and that may be the route I take.

Tidus56

They have the CHODE muzzle brake as well. I don’t think you could find one smaller than that. No puns were intentional.
In all seriousness check the CHODE out I think it will fit your exact needs for a brake on your rifle.

Nubba0681

LRH Team Member
In all seriousness check the CHODE out I think it will fit your exact needs for a brake on your rifle.

Will do. Thanks for the input. I have my 4 port MBM Ti Beast on there right now. I have it sitting and waiting for another build to be completed. It’s way overkill for the gun but why not If it’s just sitting there...

Memberberries

I've got a pws prc I haven't used since I got a suppressor. I could be talked into parting with it pretty easy but it might be heavier than you want

Shane Lindsey

I have a CHODE that I used on my 308. It has a .850 ish muzzle. Recoil reduction was good though, self timed, easy on off...It looks kind of funny with that size barrel. With a heavy contour may not be as bad.

I can put it on it you want to see a pic, pm me.

snox801

Check out salmon river brakes they are a new sponsor here and come up in the search. I just got done testing two of them for him they are rather small and are the best brake I’ve tried. On pair recoil wise with the painkiller maybe a bit better and less muzzle jump. Almost non existent on my 300win mag.
And yes I would brake it. I have brakes on almost everything even my 223 cause I shoot alone a lot and like to spot my shots. Plus it’s good practice.

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce