Barrel Break In...I'm a believer

cdmorten

Barrel Break In...I\'m a believer

I had a post a few months ago where I was having trouble with my new 300 WM Sendero when I tried to extract the spent cartridges. They were getting stuck.

Anyway, I took everyone's advice and did a true barrel break in and initially the cartridges were sticking, but by the end of 20 rounds interspersed with cleaning, all of the cartridges are flinging out of the chamber effortlessly.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the advice on resolving that problem. By the way, I shot a 5 inch group at 600 yards last night and took out 4 bowling pins from the same distance with 4 shots. It never ceases to amaze me what you can do with a good rifle...and I'm still a rookie.

One last thing...I was shooting right over the heads of 2 deer that were grazing on the range last night. They were at about the 350 mark and seemed to be enjoying the show.

Great night!

Re: Barrel Break In...I\'m a believer

Hi, corbet
glad to hear that the barrel break-in did the trick !
smile.gif
sounds like you have a nice shooting gun!!
straight shooting and good luck
308nate
cool.gif

[ 06-28-2004: Message edited by: 308 nate ]

All that from a Sendero? I'm not amazed. Just reinforce my opinion on people that put thousands into a rifle that only shoots a littlt better

Ronnie

I've been looking at the Sendero's since they first came out. I don't need one, but I think I'm going to have one before too long. I'm a 7mm mag fan and I don't currently have one. There, I've figured it out, a 7 mag Sendero. WHEEEEEE!
grin.gif

You've been lookin' for a long time. I bought mine in the fall of '95 when I was still in college. They didn't offer stainless or fluted back then, and I remember being jeolous when they did. Oh well, so I bought one of those too. Seize the day and buy one, since you only live once.

Ronnie
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts