Hammer bullets shoot...I'm a believer!

If I remember correctly you started using Hammer Bullets when you had a rifle that would not work up a load no matter what you tried? There have been many of our customers that were 100's of rounds down range only to be frustrated, and then out of desperation go ahead and make the plunge and try our bullets. Then find out there is an easier way. I have been saying it for a few years now here. There simply is not an easier bullet to load develop than ours. I have truly gotten lazy in load development. All I do now is make sure the cartridge feeds from the mag and it is not touching the lands. I like to seat as long as I can and fall in these perimeters. I no longer take the time to see how far off the lands I am. I also load with a magspeed. I load up generally one grain one shot at a time. I watch for accuracy on the target and consistent vel increases with each shot. If either of these don't look good I don't try to force it, I just change powder. Once vel is found without pressure I will load a few to get a good average for vel and make sure es/sd is good then zero the rifle and work on long range drops. I am almost always done in less than 16 shots. My expectation for accuracy from any rifle is sub moa and have yet to have a rifle that won't get there. There have been a few that had mechanical issues that I don't count.

I am glad this thread started. It is so much better when guys, other than the one selling the product, give their experience. Thanks to all of you.

Steve

Steve,
You remember it correctly on how I came to start using your bullets. I just got my 7STW rebarreled to a 1:8 twist so I could specifically shoot your 177 gr Hunter. I got the 143 gr Hunter up to 3557 fps where it showed the slightest bit of pressure, but backed it down to 3450 fps. Had a little issue with the rifle that is being taken care of by the gunsmith, and then I'll get back to final load development with the 177 Hunter.
Love your bullets. Looking forward to whacking a Kodiak Island mountain goat in October using your 255 gr Sledge in my 338 Lapua

Here's another little testimonial: Today I fired five shots at 300 yards. The group is no big deal at 2.3"; until ore realizes each load had .5 grain more than the previous load. Their velocities went from about 3,150 to over 3,300 feet per second. Shots numbers two and three displayed the same velocity with the bullet holes over lapping.

Tagging in....

So I can remember to order some...I don't have a problem child that really "needs" them, but I would like to see for my self how well they shoot!

I have two 6.5 Grendel's that I just shot hand loads out of yesterday that I thought might "need" Hammers, but to my surprise both shot exceptional well considering I was at the trigger! Neither one shot like <$100.00 barrels.

Any way I still would like to see how Hammers would shoot out of the Grendel's!

.....I still would like to see how Hammers would shoot out of the Grendel's!.......

Which bullet are you thinking?
I've got a project coming that lacks twist for some/most of the heavier 6.5's., and will likely be used on smaller predators. The 99 grainers have been on my mind.

I've got a project coming that lacks twist for some/most of the heavier 6.5's., and will likely be used on smaller predators. The 99 grainers have been on my mind.
We really had the Grendel in mind when we designed the 99g Hammer Hunter. Should be able to see 2700 plus fps depending on barrel length.

Steve

Like Steve said...the 99gr or 110gr...my Grendel's both have 1-8 twist and I can use it in the the Creedmoor.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.