Barnes Bullets Price Increase

This has happened every year for the past 20yrs. Every year, even in a trump slump, the industry increases its prices.

Last edited:
😂😂😂Just took this:
5E3BEC59-C2DB-48F8-995C-0FCB02B4C903.jpeg

Everyone should watch "Out of Stock: Supply Chain Crisis" on Discovery. It's actually a well put together special on why we are where we are. Joe Brandon is definitely part of the problem, but the greater problem is our reliance on China for nearly everything in our daily lives.

Prices on everything are going up, just got word from HME that a new Type 1 fire engine is going up 30%...

What was the Trump slump? I must have missed it.
2018-2019. When fear subsided in the firearms industries and nobody was panic buying. Availability was high, and the firearm sales industry dubbed the time, the "Trump Slump", because they weren't making as much money. Trump good for consumer, but bad for firearm sales industry. (As the sales industry see it)

Last edited:
Guys! Joe didn't do this. This has happened every year for the past 20yrs. Every year, even in a trump slump, the industry increases its prices.
But at least the products were on the shelves.How long can Powder Valley keep going with the overhead they have?
How long can any sporting goods store go on?
I sure hope things turn around, but it is not looking great from where I sit.

Respectfully, the price increases (at least to this extent) of virtually everything is completely predictable. When people don't work, the system collapses. The whole supply/demand thing is operating like it should. The BS part is the artificial influence the governments put on supply/production.
Now JB and his policies have exacerbated the Covid economy collapse. Paying people to not work is always the wrong answer.

Respectfully, the price increases (at least to this extent) of virtually everything is completely predictable. When people don't work, the system collapses. The whole supply/demand thing is operating like it should. The BS part is the artificial influence the governments put on supply/production.
Now JB and his policies have exacerbated the Covid economy collapse. Paying people to not work is always the wrong answer.
That makes sense. I was thinking of the question only, and even without, Let's go Brandon, prices go up every year. So, pulling myself from that focus and looking at the broader picture you described, yeah his administration is screwing us all.

LET'S GO BRANDON!!!!
Just wait they say 8%. Wait a little longer for Lead, Copper, Electricity, Transport to go up. It's a DOMINO EFFECT!
Sorry to say but buy what you can now. If you think it was bad the last few years for components-hang on to your hat. The 2022 elections can't get here fast enough.
Jill and I have our own business and can't get any income until I get some medical issues fixed-hopefully the next few weeks I can get the shop open. I have been purchasing powder/primers/bullets + barrels/stocks/actions. Jill looked at our banking statements and asked "Why are you spending money for more bullets/powder that we can use in 2022. My answer was because there may not be any or too much to pay for in 2023. Just my opinion.
Prayers for the rapid resolution of your medical issues (and for the supply chain issues)

Last edited:
Powder and Primers are coming back now -How long do you think it will last. I hope forever, but with shipping and material costs going up I have to question what the price we all are going to have to pay
Powder and Primers are coming back now -How long do you think it will last. I hope forever, but with shipping and material costs going up I have to question what the price we all are going to have to pay. We all have to look at not only for our reloading supplies. What about food, gas, clothing, building materials, ect.
God Bless America
Serious question: Where are powder and primers coming back to, other than gb.com? I'd love to stock up at only 8% right now, but finding a retail source seems impossible! I've been scalping auctions and buy-it-now deals from GB here and there but it's a slow and very expensive process. Thanks!!

Uh… stock up on what Barnes bullets?
Searched Barnes website a few days ago. They have tons of out of stock bullets in every caliber and weight. I was wondering if they have totally shut down production during all the selling and buying of the company. Maybe the 8% is just a start up fee...?