Badlands Precision Bullets thread - From BC to terminal ballistics

You could still try the 150's, they aren't as good as the 160's for bc, but when compared to a 180 Berger, they are very similar with the extra speed.

Most of the custom single point cut barrel makers will custom make a barrel for you, Krieger will do it I know, they charged me $25 for a tighter twist. Bartlien said they would do it as well when I emailed them. If you like to run prefits however, that may certainly narrow your options.

Looking at the numbers, I think I may try the 250 grain SDB-2's in my .338 Norma, comparing them to the 275 sbd-2's and what I could get in my rifle, they are only a couple inches in wind drift behind, energy is still more than the original 270 sbd had at range, and while my rifle doesn't have bad recoil at all, a 250 vs 275 will likely make it more manageable. The extra velocity retained at range won't be a bad thing, and running them in my 9 twist when they only need a minimum of a 10, should only give me more of a good thing as far as terminal performance is considered!

Also, I think we may run the .277 140's in a couple .270 Sherman's we have too, those things outperform the Berger 170 EOL in ballistics!!

Yeah, I was looking at prefits. Ended up with an xcaliber CF in a 1:8. Prefits may have been why I couldn't find faster than a 1:8

We work closely with Reloading International. While we are not licensed to export, they can be ordered through Reloading International, and shipped that way. The number is listed on the site
Thanks. I just seen the number for international sales. If my barrel twist is accurate at 1-7.25". Do you think the 110 gr 25 cal would stabilize at 1500 ft? Would shoot them out of a 25-284. Currently shooting the 131 BJ at 3150 FPS. If so I think I'd get some pretty good velocity with the 110 gr.

Ordered some of the .257 110gr to try. Have a 7twist 25-06 coming and these may be the ticket for my long range non-lead needs.

Thanks. I just seen the number for international sales. If my barrel twist is accurate at 1-7.25". Do you think the 110 gr 25 cal would stabilize at 1500 ft? Would shoot them out of a 25-284. Currently shooting the 131 BJ at 3150 FPS. If so I think I'd get some pretty good velocity with the 110 gr.
I would try it. We leave some room in the calculations. We like to see 1.5 stability under tough conditions. So we decide what conditions to run the calculations, and designate a twist rate to give us 1.5 stability under those conditions. If you're not at the worst conditions, then that .25" probably won't hurt a thing.

I would try it. We leave some room in the calculations. We like to see 1.5 stability under tough conditions. So we decide what conditions to run the calculations, and designate a twist rate to give us 1.5 stability under those conditions. If you're not at the worst conditions, then that .25" probably won't hurt a thing.
Any general principles when it comes to loading these?

Specifically wondering about ideal powders and expected velocities compared to similar weight lead core, or similar copper bullets.

thanks

Yeah I saw the 110 grn 257 cal and had to jump on them. I have a 7 twist 25SST I'll run them through. Should give me better speeds than the 128 HH with a better BC!

Specifically wondering about ideal powders and expected velocities compared to similar weight lead core, or similar copper bullets.

thanks
They pressure up at significantly lower powder charges than standard c&c bullets, so start lower than you would for a similar weight lead core bullet. In my Norma mag with the 270's, my powder charge is similar and in some cases lower than that of 300 Bergers.

thanks
In 4 different rifles, I find they pressure up with lesser powder charges.
I'd say start 10%, maybe even 15%, below max powder charges with comparable weight copper jacketed lead core bullets.
You'll achieve good velocities when you reach top operating pressure in your rifle, but at lower powder charge weights than with equal weight lead core bullets.

Recent Posts