BAD Scope reticle info

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by kenpcpilot, Dec 21, 2013.

1. kenpcpilot

kenpcpilot Active Member

I have a BSA Contender 8-32 40 mm with Extreme Long-RANGE testicle. It is some type of BBC line testicle I need to know what is the reference distance for the lines to plug into a ballistic program sorry I meant to type BSA RETICLE DAMN OTTO CURIC ON CELL PHONE

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  2. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Yeah, those "long range testicles" can be a pain at times.

If you have no paperwork from the scope you could search it on BSA's website or stand up a yard stick or use a target with a 1" grid at 100 yards. 1" will be very close to 1 moa at 100 yards. 2" @ 100 = 2 moa and so on.

Jeff

3. varmintH8R

varmintH8R Well-Known Member

Made my day. Not what I was expecting to read in this thread. Too funny.

I did take a look at the BSA website and could not find reticle subtension guides. I'll second Broz and recommend looking at a 1" grid target at 100yds.

Nothing worse than having feature laden testicles and not understanding how to use them!

Good luck!

4. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

Balls to the wall............:D

5. kcebcj

kcebcj Well-Known Member

Crap blew coffee all over the keyboard...lmao!!

6. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Me too! :D

7. cowboy

cowboy Well-Known Member

Part of family arrived in middle of night for the holidays. I was moving a little slow this morning getting going. I'm wide awake now - that was funny.

Broz' advise will probably be closer than anything you find on the net.

8. SidecarFlip

SidecarFlip Well-Known Member

Especially if coaught in your zipper.:rolleyes:

9. rick523

rick523 Well-Known Member

I used to have long range testicles, and never had a problem. I'm 64 now and they are only good for 1 shot, at very close range!:D

10. kenpcpilot

kenpcpilot Active Member

Thank you. duh

it makes sense just work backward from bullet drop and the program should be able to perform the calculations over the desired yardage. It is called Strelok it is pretty cool android app.

11. jimbires

jimbires Well-Known Member

this is probably a SFP scope . so the reticle subtensions , amount of drop , will change as the power setting is changed . look at a yard stick like Broz said , then turn the scope magnification , you'll see what I mean . as the power goes higher , your reticle will allow less bullet drop . so you will need to remember what power setting your using .

12. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Good catch, I meant to include to do it on high magnification but now see I didn't add that. Thanks for that follow up.

On SFP scope , which is all I use, I would check it on max power and then again on exactly 1/2 power. In the case of this scope 1/2 power being 16X. The reticle should measure exactly 2x as much on 16X. Example: If each line is 2 moa on 32 X then the same line will be 4 moa on 16X. Becomes pretty easy to remember that 1/2 the power 2 times the moa. But by all means do measure and check this as some scopes do not follow true and each scope should be checked before counting on it in a hunting situation.

Jeff