bad scope ?

MkJose

SCAMMER
I have an new england 270 win. its short 3foot long 22 inches of barrel kicks pretty good , my problem is I can not dial it in , I went to the range and used a gun vise shot a lot of shells and never got and consistant results. I would nail 2 to the right then adj and 2 to the left and so on, should I take it to a gunsmith and have it dialed in then go back to the range. I bought the gun used , it shot ok at 50 yds but have not been able to hit good at 100 yards or more. also what kinda range would this shorty have ? any help greatly appreciated.

I have an new england 270 win. its short 3foot long 22 inches of barrel kicks pretty good , my problem is I can not dial it in , I went to the range and used a gun vise shot a lot of shells and never got and consistant results. I would nail 2 to the right then adj and 2 to the left and so on, should I take it to a gunsmith and have it dialed in then go back to the range. I bought the gun used , it shot ok at 50 yds but have not been able to hit good at 100 yards or more. also what kinda range would this shorty have ? any help greatly appreciated.
What scope do you have mounted on it? It could be just be a broken scope or broken rings/bases.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.