Available 6.5 ss brass

elkaholic

I grew tired of the head stamp game for now but wanted to keep the SS going and growing so I decided to go the Norma route and form enough to keep people supplied. This will be top quality brass which is set back, trimmed, neck turned, and necked to 6.5. It will still have the 30 degree shoulder but will be properly head spaced to load and shoot in your rifle just like an A.I. I tried some out yesterday and they performed well. I was able to hold sub moa while fire forming. I suggest that the forming be done with whatever bullet you want, but loaded 8-10% below max. I have some identical to this that I have fired 12 times and it is still good.

Left to right: 7 SAUM....Pre formed SS........Formed SS DSCF1261.jpg

DSCF1262.jpg

The first two people to try the ready to fire form brass shot one hole groups. One of them while fire forming.......Rich

Rich, what do you think about forming ss brass from the gap / hornady brass? Have you thought about trying it? It is suppose to be out any time now and guys are claming 20 realodes on a single pice of test brass with no need for weight sorting because of consistency....
Mike

Rich, what do you think about forming ss brass from the gap / hornady brass? Have you thought about trying it? It is suppose to be out any time now and guys are claming 20 realodes on a single pice of test brass with no need for weight sorting because of consistency....
Mike

I have been waiting to see some with that in mind:D Do you know what the cost is? I am guessing a buck or so?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts