6.5 ss head stamped brass

As I mentioned for a hunting rifle a little brass goes a long ways. Personally I'd sell the hell out of this wildcat and eventually it will get picked up... example..280, 280ai, 6.5x284 etc... Create the audience, the vendors will follow.

Copper Creek currently does prepped brass for the 6.5 SAUM / GAP 4S since brass hasn't been available. you could get a quote from them for brass prep / loaded ammo. I know the loaded 6.5 SAUM ammo is pretty expensive from them.

Copper Creek currently does prepped brass for the 6.5 SAUM / GAP 4S since brass hasn't been available. you could get a quote from them for brass prep / loaded ammo. I know the loaded 6.5 SAUM ammo is pretty expensive from them.

Copper Creek get $149.00 for 50p. of 6.5 saum brass, at that price you would be better off having the 6.5 SS made

Copper Creek get $149.00 for 50p. of 6.5 saum brass, at that price you would be better off having the 6.5 SS made

That's $3 apiece and the SS brass would be more. I already checked with them, but thanks for the tip. I ordered a bunch of Norma 7 SAUM today and am going to convert them to SS.

That's $3 apiece and the SS brass would be more. I already checked with them, but thanks for the tip. I ordered a bunch of Norma 7 SAUM today and am going to convert them to SS.

Rich, I don't even know if they would be remotely interested in your case but the .308 cases that were used in "White Feather" by Talon Mfgr. was made by IMI. This would be a long shot for sure but it may be worth looking into. IMI brass is pretty good in .308.

Rich, I don't even know if they would be remotely interested in your case but the .308 cases that were used in "White Feather" by Talon Mfgr. was made by IMI. This would be a long shot for sure but it may be worth looking into. IMI brass is pretty good in .308.

Thanks for the tip Sarge! I will check that out.....Rich

I'm about 97% sold on the 6.5 SS.
I could make up my mind for sure as early as this week.
Assuming I'm going to get a 6.5 SS rifle, yes, I'd be interested in the brass.
That price is high, but I'd get a little of it, 50-100 rounds anyway, just to have properly headstamped brass. And the case forming looks like a PITA and is one of the things that's been holding me back. I'd pay a little extra to skip that.

I have ordered a bunch of Norma brass and am gearing up to prepare some "ready to fire form" SS brass. I would like to distribute first to those who have built rifles already. When I get some feedback from them, I will likely continue to make more for new builds. This will be more work for me but will make for high quality brass and it will be considerably less expensive than the head stamped stuff......Rich

What thickness will the necks be? I've had phenomenal success with the thinner necks just like bigNGreen has had.

What thickness will the necks be? I've had phenomenal success with the thinner necks just like bigNGreen has had.

What thickness are u running? I was going to make them .014" but could custom cut if you wanted.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts